Vegetarian Taco Soup - Pressure Cooker
Stay warm with this healthy Vegetarian Taco Soup made in a pressure cooker. This hearty soup is a dump-and-go recipe with lots of black beans, corn, peppers, and tomatoes to create a delicious, satisfying dinner.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 can Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes 14.5oz
- 1 can Black beans rinsed and drained, about 1.25 cups
- 1.5 cup Corn frozen
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1 cup Green Bell Pepper diced
- 1 Jalapeno finely diced
- 3 tbsp Taco seasoning (see notes for options)
- 1/2 tsp Salt adjust to taste
- 2.5 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 cup Cilantro leaves chopped, to garnish
- Avocado sliced or cut into small pieces
- Cheddar Cheese shredded (skip for vegan or use vegan cheese)
- Sour cream (skip for vegan or use vegan greek yogurt)
- Tortilla chips (skip for gluten-free)
- Red onion diced
- Jalapeno sliced
- Lime wedges
Add all the ingredients to your pressure cooker in this order: oil, onion, garlic, tomatoes, black beans, corn, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, jalapeño, taco seasoning, salt, and vegetable broth. Do not stir.
Close lid with vent in sealing position. Set on pressure cook mode for 6 minutes at high pressure.
When the pressure cooker beeps, let the pressure release naturally (NPR). Open the lid. Taste and adjust salt if needed. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Serve with any of the optional toppings you like!
Seasoning: If you don't have taco seasoning, you can use the below spices.
Storing Taco Soup: This Taco Soup will last for about 4 days in the refrigerator. You can also freeze it in small portions in airtight containers. When ready to eat, reheat in the microwave or on the stove.
Slow Cooker: Cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours. Alternatively, if you're in a hurry, you can set this on high for 3 hours.
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 795mg | Potassium: 501mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1454IU | Vitamin C: 66mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg