Creamy Mushroom Pasta in Instant Pot
Spaghetti tossed in a creamy cheese sauce loaded with mushrooms. If you love mushrooms, this creamy mushroom pasta is going to be your new favorite. Make this amazingly delicious creamy dreamy pasta in the instant pot in less than 30 minutes!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 8 oz Spaghetti
- 8 oz Cremini Mushrooms sliced
- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil divided
- 2/3 cup Onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic finely diced
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup Cream I used heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese pecorino Romano works well too
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese
- Parsley leaves chopped
Heat the instant pot in saute mode and add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté for 4-5 minutes while stirring frequently. The mushrooms will release their water and then brown. Take the mushrooms out on a plate and keep aside for later.
In the same pot (no need to clean), add another tablespoon of oil and then sauté the onions and garlic for a couple of minutes. Turn off the instant pot.
Add the broth and deglaze the pot making sure nothing is stuck to the bottom.
Break the spaghetti noodles in half and spread them making sure all the spaghetti is covered in broth. Close lid with vent in sealing position.
Pressure Cook the pasta noodles on high pressure for 5 minutes. The general rule of thumb is to pressure cook pasta for 1 minute less than half the time on the pasta box.
When the instant pot beeps, quick release the pressure manually.
Add the cream, parmesan and stir well until the cheese melts.
Then add back the sautéed mushrooms and stir well.
Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Add lemon juice.
Garnish with parmesan and parsley before serving.
- Mushroom - I used cremini mushrooms, but feel free to use other varieties. I feel that the earthy cremini mushrooms add a much better flavor to this pasta. I like to saute and take out the mushrooms, so they are not getting overcooked when pressure cooking the pasta.
- Spaghetti - You can also use whole wheat spaghetti noodles. They do hold up well when cooked in the instant pot.
- Broth - I used vegetable broth. But other broths would work just as well.
- Parmesan - I have tried this recipe with parmesan and pecorino romano. Both work great. Use cheese from a block, and not the pre-shredded one.
- Cream - I used heavy whipping cream. Feel free to adjust the quantity to make this lighter.
Calories: 486.89kcal | Carbohydrates: 50.76g | Protein: 14.29g | Fat: 25.7g | Saturated Fat: 10.54g | Cholesterol: 49.26mg | Sodium: 689.93mg | Potassium: 453.2mg | Fiber: 2.61g | Sugar: 4.86g | Vitamin A: 785.23IU | Vitamin C: 3.89mg | Calcium: 198.3mg | Iron: 1.18mg