Dry Garlic Chutney for Vada Pav
Dry Garlic Chutney is a delicious must-have chutney for Vada Pav. Made with crunchy peanuts, nutty coconut, garlic and sesame seeds, this dry chutney is a perfect addition for Indian chaat and snack recipes.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Heat a skillet on medium low flame. Add the garlic cloves and roast them for a minute.
You can roast the garlic till it becomes little brown in color so that the raw smell of the garlic goes away. Keep it aside on a plate.
Then dry roast the coconut in the same skillet till it becomes light brown in color and keep it aside.
In the same manner, dry roast both the peanuts and sesame seeds separately and keep aside.
Let the roasted ingredients cool and then add them all in a food processor jar.
Add kashmiri chili powder and salt to the jar.
Grind them to a coarse powder. Adjust the spice and salt to taste.
Dry garlic chutney is ready to be used.
- While making this dry coconut garlic chutney, use desiccated coconut as it will give a nutty flavor.
- Using Kashmiri chili powder gives a bright red color to the chutney, and does not make the chutney too spicy.
- Roast each ingredients separately as they take different time to roast well.
- Cool the ingredients before grinding to avoid oil releasing and the chutney from getting too oily.
- Storing: You can store this chutney in an air-tight container. Refrigerate and use within 15 days.
Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 215mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 297IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg