Chilli Garlic Chutney
A vibrant spicy chilli garlic chutney, that enhances the flavor of any chaat dish. Made with just a few ingredients, this chutney is a must have for chaats such as sev puri and papdi chaat.
Prep Time10 mins
Soaking Time30 mins
- 10 Dried Red Chili Whole kashmiri chili prefered
- 1 cup Water for soaking chili
- 10 cloves Garlic medium, peeled
- 1/4 tablespoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Water for blending
Start by removing the stem of the dry kashmiri red chilies. Then soak them in hot water for about half hour before you start making this chutney. Make sure there just enough water to cover the chilis completely.
Later drain the water using a strainer.
Then combine the peeled garlic cloves and the chilis along with salt and water in a blender.
Blend them smoothly. Don’t add too much water to this chutney as it would thin out its consistency.
Enjoy with chaat recipes.
- Use dry kashmiri chilis as they are mild and add a wonderful red color to the chutney.
- To make the chutney even milder, remove the seeds before soaking the chills.
- Make this chutney with a little amount of water to get a thicker spread on the chaats.
- You can make a batch of this chutney during your weekly meal prep and store in an air-tight container. It has a great shelf life when refrigerated and can be your quick fix for a delicious chaat evening.
Calories: 22kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 181mg | Potassium: 157mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 428IU | Vitamin C: 66mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg