Sev Puri Recipe
A popular Mumbai street food, Sev Puri is a sweet, spicy and tangy chaat. Sev Puri is made with crispy puri (whole wheat crackers) topped with potatoes, onions, tomatoes and a variety of chutneys, and finished with sev (thin gram flour noodles). This no-cook chaat recipe is a favorite snack to enjoy with your evening tea!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 14 Puri flat crisp papdi
- 1 Potato medium, boiled, peeled and chopped/mashed, mixed with salt and chili powder to taste
- 1 Onion medium, finely diced
- 1 Tomato medium, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 3 tablespoon Red Garlic Chutney
- 3 tablespoon Mint Cilantro Chutney
- 1/4 cup Tamarind Chutney
- 1/2 cup Nylon sev thin
- 2 tablespoon Cilantro leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoon Pomegranate seeds optional
Keep all the ingredients ready before starting to make sev puri. Have boiled potatoes, onion and tomato. Also keep all three chutneys, sev and chaat masala on the counter.
Place 7 puri's spread out on a plate.
Crumble the boiled potato and place some on each of the puri.
Top with some chopped onions and then with chopped tomato.
Sprinkle a quarter teaspoon chaat masala on top.
Top with 1-2 drops of red garlic chutney, then with green mint cilantro chutney.
Top with a teaspoon of tamarind chutney on each puri.
Then top with sev on each puri.
Then garnish with cilantro leaves and pomegranate seeds.
Serve sev puri immediately. Make another serving following the same steps.
Tips to make and enjoy Sev Puri:
- Homemade chutneys add fresh flavors than store-bought ones. You can make them beforehand and store them in the refrigerator.
- Make sure you have all the ingredients ready before starting to assemble the sev puri as the chutneys can turn the puri soggy.
- Consume the prepared puri immediately to enjoy all the flavors of this mouthwatering Sev puri.
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1279mg | Potassium: 701mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 580IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 4mg