Instant Pot Thai Green Curry with Tofu Recipe (Vegan)
Instant Pot Thai Green Curry with Tofu and vegetables. This vegan and gluten free green curry is so creamy and perfect to enjoy over jasmine rice.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 Bell Pepper cut into 1" pieces
- 1 Carrot sliced
- 1 cup Broccoli cut into pieces
- 2 Scallion or Green onion cut into 2" pieces
Start the pressure cooker in SAUTE mode and heat oil in it. Add the green curry paste and saute for 30 seconds.
Add coconut milk. Stir so there are no lumps and the curry paste is mixed well with the coconut milk. (Note: Some readers had trouble with coconut milk coming out when doing a quick release. If the coconut milk is thin in consistency, then add half of it before pressure cooking. Then add the other half after pressure cooking and bring to a boil on saute mode)
Add all veggies and tofu. Press CANCEL and close the pressure cooker lid with vent in sealing position.
Change the setting to MANUAL or pressure cook mode on LOW pressure for 2 minutes.
When the pressure cooker beeps, do a quick pressure release and open the lid.
Add sugar and lemon juice. Add cashews (optional). Stir the curry.
Garnish with chopped basil leaves. Enjoy with jasmine rice.
- I lightly pressed the tofu before using and just cut it into cubes to add to the curry. If you like, you can bake or slightly fry it before using. Air frying tofu is another great option too.
- You can add any vegetables that you have handy in this recipe. Besides the one's I used, other choices are baby corn, beans, eggplant, mushroom.
- Like veggies crunchy? If you like your veggies crunchy, then skip the pressure cooking and just cook on saute mode for 5-7 minutes.
- Stovetop variation: Follow the same steps to cook in a sauce pan. Let the curry come to a boil after adding veggies and tofu. Then simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 17.8g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 36.8g | Saturated Fat: 26.4g | Sodium: 404mg | Potassium: 602mg | Fiber: 4.6g | Sugar: 7.5g | Vitamin A: 101% | Vitamin C: 115% | Calcium: 15% | Iron: 21%