Minestrone Soup - Instant Pot
A perfect fall soup that is a complete meal in itself - Beans, loads of veggies and pasta, topped with cheese and a side of bread. Vegetarian friendly and can easily be made gluten-free and vegan.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 4 Tomato diced
- 2 Celery Stalks chopped
- 2 Carrot chopped
- 1 Zucchini chopped
- 1/2 cup Pasta (I used elbow macaroni)
- 32 oz Vegetable Broth
- 1 can White Kidney Beans 15oz (cannellini)
- 2 cups Spinach (Palak) chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated (optional)
Start the instant pot in SAUTE mode and heat olive oil in it.
Add diced onions and minced garlic. Stir and Saute for 2 minutes.
Add diced tomatoes and chopped celery, carrots and zucchini. Add in the italian seasoning, salt, pepper and paprika.
Add in the pasta, veggie broth and white kidney beans. Stir it all up. Make sure the pasta is under the broth.
Press Cancel and set to SOUP setting (high pressure) for 20 minutes. (For firmer pasta, only cook for 10 minutes on SOUP setting)
When the instant pot beeps, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes. Then manually release the pressure. If you have time, you can also allow a NPR.
Stir in the chopped spinach and let it sit for 5 minutes.
Garnish with parmesan cheese and minestrone soup is ready to serve.
- You can use "Better than Bouillon" base if you prefer. I had low sodium veggie broth at hand and used it.
- Same for beans, I used white kidney beans, but any beans you have at hand would work. You could also cook the beans in the instant pot. Soak the beans in ample water for 2 hours and cook them for 20 minutes at high pressure in the instant pot. Then use them in this recipe.
- You can vary veggies to your choice. Some options are bell peppers, potatoes, sweet potatoes.
- Add jalapenos for an extra spice kick.
- Pasta: If you like firm pasta in the soup, cook it separately following directions on the package and then add it before adding spinach. Other option is to cook this soup for only 10 minutes.
- Vegan Variation: Skip the Parmesan cheese at the end.
- Gluten Free Variation: Skip the pasta or use a gluten-free pasta.
Serving: 286g | Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 21.05g | Protein: 5.78g | Fat: 4.92g | Saturated Fat: 1.084g | Trans Fat: 0.029g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 1034mg | Potassium: 439mg | Fiber: 4.4g | Sugar: 5.25g | Vitamin A: 9050IU | Vitamin C: 15.7mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1.4mg