Instant Pot Aloo Gobi / Potato & Cauliflower Stir Fry
A healthy & delicious potato and cauliflower stir fry made in the instant pot. So easy and quick, takes just 20 minutes. Vegan & Gluten Free.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 Cauliflower (Gobi) medium, rinsed & cut into florets (about 1.25 lbs or 4 cups)
- 1 Potato cut into small cubes (about 1 cup)
- 2 tbsp Ghee or Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Green Chili Pepper slit into two (optional)
- 1/2 Onion small, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 Tomato large, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger minced
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Dry Mango powder (Amchur) or Lemon juice
- Cilantro to garnish
Start the instant pot in SAUTE mode and heat oil in it. Add cumin seeds and green chili. Saute for 30 seconds.
Add diced onions, ginger and garlic paste. Stir them.
Add chopped tomatoes and all spices. Add potato cubes and stir it all up. Saute for 2 minutes, so the potatoes are slightly cooked.
Add cauliflower florets and stir well. Scrape off anything stuck to the bottom of the pot. If needed, add 1/8 cup water to deglaze the pot. Press Cancel and close the instant pot lid.
Set the instant pot to MANUAL or pressure cook mode at low pressure for 2 minutes. It will take 8-10 minutes for the instant pot to come to pressure.
When the instant pot beeps, quick release the pressure manually.
Add the dry mango powder and garnish with cilantro. Aloo Gobi is ready to be served.
- If you are worried about making Aloo Gobi in the instant pot without adding water, add 1/8 cup of water along with the cauliflower.
- If you want a little more heat, add more cayenne or 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- If you don't have dry mango powder, replace it with 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Stove top variation: Follow the same steps, cook it covered with lid for 5 minutes, Then remove lid and cook it for 10 minutes.
- Low Carb or Keto Variation: Skip potatoes.
- This recipe was created in a 6qt Instant Pot DUO60 Multi-use Pressure Cooker.
Serving: 267g | Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 19.42g | Protein: 4.59g | Fat: 7.83g | Saturated Fat: 0.76g | Trans Fat: 0.028g | Sodium: 632mg | Potassium: 793mg | Fiber: 5.1g | Sugar: 5.56g | Vitamin A: 29% | Vitamin C: 150% | Calcium: 6% | Iron: 10%