Pumpkin Puree - Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker
Making fresh pumpkin puree is now so easy in the Instant Pot. NO peeling or cutting of the pumpkin ahead of time.
- 1 Pie Pumpkin or Sugar Pumpkin
- 1/2-1 cup Water for puree
- 1 cup Water for cooking
If using, please trivet in the Instant Pot insert and add water to it.
Place the pumpkin on the trivet (or directly in the insert). Close the instant pot with vent in sealing position.
Set on MANUAL or pressure cook mode for 12 minutes. When the instant pot beeps, let the pressure release naturally.
Let the pumpkin cool a bit, then remove it carefully in a large plate or tray. Slice it in half. Using a spoon, remove the seeds.
Scoop the cooked pumpkin out from the skin. Add it to the food processor or blender. I had to add water to get a smooth texture. Adjust amount of water added to your preference.
Pumpkin Puree is ready. Use it or store in refrigerator or freezer.
- Based on different pumpkin sizes, the cooking time may vary. My pumpkin completely filled the 6qt instant pot, and there was no space for the trivet too.
- Large Pumpkin: You can cut it into large pieces and place it in the pot. You can remove the seeds before cooking the pumpkin. Cook for just about 10 minutes at high pressure, depending on the size of the pieces.
- Got Butternut Squash: The same method works!