Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Soup
Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Soup made with fresh tomatoes, carrots, celery and a hint of garlic, topped with cream and cheese.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 tbsp Butter or Oil
- 7 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 5 Carrot chopped (I used small thin carrots)
- 3 stalks Celery chopped
- 5 Tomato chopped
- 3/4 cup Broth or water
- 1/4 cup Romano Cheese grated (optional)
- 1/4 cup Cream heavy whipping, use coconut milk for vegan
- 2 tbsp Cilantro to garnish
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Start the instant pot in Sauté mode and wait till it displays HOT. Add butter and let it melt. Add chopped onions, garlic and cook for a minute. Add in carrots and celery to instant pot. Add in the chopped tomatoes.
Add broth to instant pot and stir it with all the veggies making sure nothing is stuck to the bottom of the pot. Press cancel and close the lid with vent in sealing position.
Start instant pot in manual or pressure cook mode at high pressure for 6 minutes. When the instant pot beeps, let the pressure release naturally.
Open the lid and use an immersion blender to puree the mixture until it is smooth. Or transfer to a blender and carefully blend the soup in batches. (If you like your tomato soup to be very smooth, you can strain it over a fine mesh strainer)
Stir in the cream and cheese. Simmer for another 2 minutes on sauté mode until the cheese mixes well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Give the soup a taste and adjust broth or seasoning to taste, adding any extra of whatever you prefer to get your ideal thickness and flavor.
Garnish with cilantro and grated cheese (optional). Creamy Tomato Soup is ready to be served with garlic bread or your favorite side.
- If you don't have fresh tomatoes, you can always replace with canned diced tomatoes.
- This soup can be prepared in bulk and freezed to be enjoyed later.
- Vegan Variation: Use vegan butter or your favorite oil. Replace cream with coconut milk and skip the cheese or use vegan cheese.
- This recipe was created in a 6qt Instant Pot DUO60 Multi-use Pressure Cooker.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 490mg | Potassium: 984mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 389.2% | Vitamin C: 47.1% | Calcium: 18.8% | Iron: 6.2%