Instant Pot Steel-cut Oats with Banana & Walnuts
Steel-cut Oats flavored topped with banana and nuts, made in an Instant Pot. The best way to start your day the healthy way!
Prep Time1 min
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time16 mins
- 1 cup Steel-cut Oats
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup Walnuts toasted (optional)
- 1 Banana cut in small pieces
- 1 tsp Honey or substitute (optional)
Add the oats, water and milk to the instant pot. Close the lid with vent in sealing position.
Start instant pot in manual or pressure cook mode for 3 minutes.
Once the instant pot beeps, let the pressure release naturally.
Add the honey, banana and walnuts to the cooked oats. Perfectly cooked oats are ready to enjoy.
- Add the fruits and nuts of your choice to the cooked oats.
- You can also add cinnamon if you like when adding the ingredients to the instant pot in step 1.
- Pot-in-pot: If you are making a small quantity, you can do pot-in-pot (PIP). Add one cup water to the main pot. Place a trivet and a small bowl with the ingredients added on top of the trivet. Cook for 5 minutes on manual high pressure, otherwise the recipe remains the same.
Calories: 308kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 298mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 169mg | Iron: 1.9mg