Instant Pot Basmati Rice Pot-in-Pot Method (Pressure Cooker)
Perfect Pot-in-pot rice made in the pressure cooker. Great to prepare rice along with the entree or right in the serving bowl.
Prep Time1 min
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time21 mins
- 1 cup Basmati Rice washed
- 1 cup Water for cooking rice
- 1/2 tsp Salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp Ghee or Oil (optional)
- 1 cup Water for main pot with trivet
Wash the rice and drain water. Put the rice in a bowl. Add 1 cup water for cooking rice in the bowl. Optionally, Add salt and ghee/oil if you prefer.
Add 1 cup water to the main insert of the pressure cooker. Place trivet in the main insert.
Place the bowl with rice and water on the trivet.
Close the lid of the pressure cooker with vent in sealing position. Set in pressure cook or manual mode for 6 minutes at high pressure. (Note: if using a glass bowl, cook for 9 minutes at high pressure)
When the pressure cooker beeps, do a 10 minute Natural Pressure Release, which means release the pressure 10 minutes after the beep.
Fluff the rice and it is ready to be enjoyed.
- When cooking rice with an entree, consider the cooking time for the entree. If it is around the same range 5-15 minutes to cook the entree, then pot-in-pot rice with the entree in the main insert would work. If the entree needs 30 minutes to cook, while the rice needs only 6 minutes, I do not recommend doing pot-in-pot rice with the entree.
- This recipe was created in a 6qt Instant Pot DUO60 Multi-use Programmable Pressure Cooker.
Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 598mg | Potassium: 106mg | Fiber: 1g | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 0.7mg