Coconut Shrimp Curry - Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker
Delicious and easy Coconut Shrimp Curry made in the Pressure Cooker in just 20 minutes. This is a simple Indian shrimp curry made with ginger, garlic, onions, tomatoes along with flavorful spices, and finished with coconut milk.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 lb Shrimp deveined tail-on, frozen (about 25-30)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 1 Green chili pepper slit in 2 pieces
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger minced
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 cup Tomato chopped
- 1/4 can Coconut Milk (~3.5 oz)
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1/4 cup Cilantro to garnish
Start the instant pot in Sauté mode and let it heat. Add oil, mustard seeds and let them sizzle.
Add green chili, onions, ginger and garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes until the onions turn golden brown.
Add tomato and spices. Mix and let it sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Add coconut milk and shrimp to the pot. Stir and press cancel. Close lid with vent in sealing position.
Start the instant pot in Manual or Pressure cook mode at low pressure for 3 minutes.
When the instant pot beeps, quick release the pressure manually.
Stir in the lime juice and garnish with cilantro. Coconut Shrimp Curry is ready to be served. Enjoy with rice.
Tip: Take the steel insert out of the instant pot, so the curry is not cooking more from residual heat.
- I used large raw deveined tail-on shrimp that were frozen for this recipe. If using smaller or already thawed shrimp, reduce pressure cooking time.
- We add less liquid in this curry as instant pot retains the liquid and less is needed to cook. If you like, you can add 1/4 cup coconut milk after the curry is cooked. The curry does get thicker as you refrigerate it.
- This recipe was created in a 6qt Instant Pot DUO60 Multi-use Programmable Pressure Cooker.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 285mg | Sodium: 1222mg | Potassium: 289mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 9.6% | Vitamin C: 20.4% | Calcium: 18.2% | Iron: 20.4%