Instant Pot Applesauce Recipe
Easy 4 Ingredient Instant Pot Applesauce. This is a delicious cinnamon flavored apple puree, that has a good balance of savory, sweet and tangy. Enjoy it as a snack or use it as a filling for desserts.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 5 Apples medium (Ambrosia, Granny Smith, Gala, Fuji, etc)
- 1 tbsp Butter melted (optional)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice (optional)
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon or 2" stick
- 1/8 cup Water
Slice the apples or cut them into pieces. Discard the core, stem and seeds.
Add butter, apples, lemon juice, cinnamon and water to the Pressure Cooker. Stir it all up. Close lid.
Start the Pressure Cooker on manual or pressure cook mode at high pressure for 4 minutes. Once the pressure cooker beeps, let the pressure release naturally.
If using Cinnamon stick, remove it from the pot. Use an immersion blender or blender to smooth the applesauce to the consistency you prefer. Be careful if blending when the apples are still hot.
Let it cool, then place in air tight containers to store in refrigerator. Enjoy!
- Peeling Apples: If you prefer, you can peel the apples and follow the same method.
- Spices: There are other spices that go well with Applesauce – Nutmeg, Cloves, Cardamom. Try them and see what you prefer.
- Sweetener: I used Ambrosia apples, which are sweet. Hence I did not add any sweetener. However if you are using other varieties which are less sweet, you can add a sweetener such as honey or sugar. Add the amount based on your family’s preference.
- Double? - This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. Keep in mind that apples can foam, so only fill to half the capacity of the pot.
- Storage: This applesauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days and can be freezes up to 2 months. Store in small containers.
- Vegan Variation: To make this recipe vegan, just skip the butter.
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 210IU | Vitamin C: 11.9mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.3mg