Thai Pumpkin Red Curry – Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker
Super flavorful, Vegan, Gluten free one-pot curry made with red curry paste, coconut milk, pumpkin and other veggies. Make this curry in the Pressure Cooker for a quick meal, paired with jasmine rice.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 3/4 cup Onions sliced
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger minced
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Red Curry Paste I used Thai Kitchen
- 2 cups Pumpkin or Butternut Squash peeled and cubed
- 1 can Coconut milk 14 oz, full-fat, divided
- 1/2 tsp Salt adjust to taste
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Soy sauce use gluten-free if desired
- 1/2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper sliced
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Cashews optional
- 1/4 cup Cilantro or Basil to garnish
Start the Pressure Cooker in Saute mode and heat oil in it. Add onions, ginger, garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
Add 1/4 can of the coconut milk. Mix in the red curry paste. Add salt, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and stir.
Add in the pumpkin cubes. Press cancel and close lid with vent in sealing position.
Start in Manual or Pressure cook mode for 2 mins at high pressure. When the cooking time is done, quick release the pressure manually.
Open lid and change setting to sauté mode. Add remaining coconut milk, red peppers, broccoli, cashews and lemon juice. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then turn off.
Garnish with cilantro or basil leaves. Serve with jasmine rice.
- This recipe was created in a 6qt Instant Pot DUO60 Multi-use Programmable Pressure Cooker.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Sodium: 443mg | Potassium: 703mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 10000IU | Vitamin C: 88.4mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 4.8mg