Instant Pot Brown Rice - Pot-in-Pot (PIP) method
Perfect Pot-in-pot brown rice made in the pressure cooker. Great to prepare brown rice along with the entree or right in the serving bowl.
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 1.25 cup Water for cooking the rice
- 1 cup Water for instant pot steel insert
- 1 tsp Ghee/Oil (optional)
Wash the rice and drain water. Add the rice to the bowl for pot-in-pot cooking. Add water for cooking rice in the bowl. Optionally add ghee/oil if you prefer.
Add 1 cup water to the main steel insert of the pressure cooker. Place trivet in the main insert.
Place the bowl with rice and water on the trivet.
Close the lid of the pressure cooker with vent in sealing position. Set in pressure cook or manual mode for 25 minutes at high pressure.
When the pressure cooker beeps, do a Natural Pressure Release, which means let the pressure release by itself.
Fluff the rice and it is ready to be enjoyed.
- When cooking brown rice with an entree, consider the cooking time for the entree. If it takes 22-30 minutes to cook the entree, then it will work to cook pot-in-pot rice with the entree in the main insert. If the entree needs 5 minutes to cook, while the rice needs 25 minutes, I do not recommend doing pot-in-pot brown rice with the entree (consider white rice in this case).
- This recipe was created in a 6qt Instant Pot DUO60 Multi-use Programmable Pressure Cooker.
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 254mg | Fiber: 3g | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1.7mg