Instant Pot Garlic & Herb Carrots Recipe
Garlic & Herb Carrots are cooked to perfection in the Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. Sautéed with lots of butter, garlic and herbs, they make a perfect side dish!
- 1 lb Baby Carrots
- 1 cup Water for steaming
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic minced or Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Herbs (oregano, thyme)
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
Add water to the instant pot insert. Place the steamer basket in the insert. Spread the carrots on the steamer basket. Close lid with vent in sealing position.
Start the instant pot and set it on Steam mode for 2 minutes on high pressure.
When the instant pot beeps, quick release the pressure manually. Remove the steamer basket carefully as it is hot. Discard water in the instant pot steel insert.
Preparing Garlic Herb Carrots
Place the steel insert back in the pot and heat it on Saute mode.
Add butter and let it melt. Add garlic and saute for a few seconds.
Add carrots and mix well with the butter.
Stir in the herbs. Let the carrots cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring frequently. (I like them slightly browned on the edges, but this is not necessary. Adjust to your preference)
Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and Enjoy!
- If you have whole carrots, then you can cut them into 2 inch pieces before using in this recipe.
- You could also use garlic powder in place of minced garlic.
- Add herbs of your choice: I added dried thyme and oregano. Other great options are dried basil and parsley. Finely chopped fresh herbs can be used too.
- Vegan Variation: To make this recipe vegan, use vegan butter or olive oil.
- This recipe was created in a 6qt Instant Pot DUO60 Multi-use Pressure Cooker.
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 189mg | Potassium: 358mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 21085IU | Vitamin C: 4.2mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1.4mg