Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup - Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
A healthy soup with lots of vegetables, tender chicken and orzo pasta, bursting with lemony flavors.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Onion diced
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1/2 lb Chicken cut in small pieces
- 3/4 cup Carrot grated or cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup Celery cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp Salt adjust to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1/3 cup Orzo
- 2 cup Broth Veggie or Chicken
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Cream heavy whipping
- Parsley leaves to garnish
Start the instant pot in SAUTE mode and heat it. Add oil, onions and garlic. Stir and saute for 2 minutes.
Add chicken and mix with the onions. Spread them in the pot and let them saute for 3 minutes.
Add carrots, celery, orzo, salt, pepper, thyme and broth. Stir well. Press Cancel and close the lid with vent in sealing position.
Set the instant pot on MANUAL or pressure cook mode at high pressure for 6 minutes.
When the instant pot beeps, quick release the pressure manually. Open lid and stir the soup.
Stir in lemon juice, cream and parsley. Press Saute and let the soup come to a quick boil in about a minute.
Soup is ready to be served.
- Orzo pasta I used had a cook time on the pack of 9 minutes, so I cooked it in the soup for 6 minutes. Adjust the cooking time if the orzo you use has a different cooking time.
- I have used Better Than Bullion base to make broth. It is just easier to keep at hand for all my cooking. You may want to skip adding salt if using this.
Serving: 282g | Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.02g | Protein: 15.81g | Fat: 8.74g | Saturated Fat: 2.854g | Trans Fat: 0.002g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 786mg | Potassium: 444mg | Fiber: 1.7g | Sugar: 3.18g | Vitamin A: 8300IU | Vitamin C: 16.5mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1.4mg