Saag Paneer - Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Saag Paneer is made with cooking mustard leaves and spinach with spices.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 tbsp Ghee or Oil
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 2 Green Chili Pepper optional, adjust to taste
- 1" inch Ginger chopped
- 10 cloves Garlic chopped
- 2 Onion medium sized. Cut into large pieces
- 1 bunch Mustard leaves (Sarson) chopped. About 9oz
- 1 bunch Spinach (Palak) chopped. About 9oz
- 1/4 cup Water
- 10 oz Paneer or Cottage cheese cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp Corn meal (Makai ka aata) fine ground
Heat ghee in the instant pot in saute mode. Add jeera, green chili, ginger and garlic.
Once the ginger and garlic turns golden brown, add the chopped onions. Saute for 3 minutes.
Add the spices to the instant pot. Then add the mustard greens, spinach and water.
Change the instant pot setting to manual or pressure cook mode for 4 minutes. When the instant pot beeps, do a 5 minute NPR, which means release the pressure manually after 5 mins. Turn off the instant pot.
Add in the corn flour. Use an immersion blender to blend the saag to a smooth paste.
Turn on the instant pot in saute mode. Add in the paneer and cook for about 3 minutes.
Saag Paneer is ready to be served.
- Vegan Variation: To make this recipe vegan, you can skip the paneer or replace it with tofu.
- Add Broccoli or Cauliflower: Some people add broccoli while preparing saag, which is great too. You can also add cauliflower. It helps to get a thicker texture. I like to add broccoli when I am making plain saag without paneer.
- No mustard leaves: Make saag with spinach. Just double the quantity of spinach and keep the other ingredients the same.
- This recipe was created in a 6qt Instant Pot DUO60 Multi-use Pressure Cooker.
Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 21.2g | Protein: 15.3g | Fat: 5.2g | Saturated Fat: 2.9g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 941mg | Potassium: 861mg | Fiber: 5.4g | Sugar: 4.8g | Vitamin A: 16450IU | Vitamin C: 170.8mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 3.6mg