Tandoori Chicken - Air Fryer
A flavor packed spicy dish from the Indian subcontinent popular all over the world. Chicken is marinated in yogurt, ginger, garlic, spices and lemon juice, then grilled in the air fryer or oven. Low carb and keto friendly.
- 5 Chicken Drumsticks de-skinned (about 1.6 lbs)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Cilantro leaves to garnish
- 4 Lemon wedges
Make 3-4 slits on each drumstick.
Mix together all ingredients for the marinade.
Apply evenly to chicken drumsticks and let them marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator (you can keep it refrigerated for up to 10 hours).
Remove marinated chicken from refrigerator when ready to cook. Arrange in a single layer in the air fryer pan or basket. Baste with some cooking oil.
Cook in air fryer at 360°F for 10 mins. Flip over the chicken, and baste with oil. Then cook for another 5 minutes.
Remove on a serving plate. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with lemon wedges and sliced onion.
- This recipe makes spicy Tandoori Chicken. Adjust red chili powder to your taste.
- If you have, use kashmiri red chili powder for this recipe, as it gives the natural red color. You could use Cayenne pepper or Paprika as a substitute too.
- Oven Variation: Preheat oven at 450 F. Then bake the chicken for 15 minutes. Turn and cook for another 5-10 minutes until it is cooked. Follow this by 3-5 minutes of broiling to get the charred marks.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.3g | Protein: 22.6g | Fat: 12.7g | Saturated Fat: 3.2g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 957mg | Potassium: 101mg | Fiber: 0.5g | Sugar: 1.4g | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.6mg