Bhindi Masala / Okra Stir Fry Recipe - Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
A North Indian favorite Okra Stir Fry in instant pot. Okra cooked with onions, tomato, garlic and spices.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 lb Okra (Bhindi) cut into equal 1/2-1" pieces
- 1 Onion medium sliced
- 1 Tomato medium chopped
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 3 cloves Garlic
Heat the instant pot in saute mode and add oil to it. Add cumin seeds, garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
Add the sliced onion and saute for 3 minutes.
Add chopped tomato, spices and okra. Mix well. Hit cancel and close the instant pot lid with vent in sealing position.
Start the instant pot in Manual or Pressure cook mode for 2 minutes at low pressure.
When the instant pot beeps, hit cancel and do a quick pressure release.
Stir the okra gently. Leave open for 5 mins before eating.
- It is possible the instant pot may not come to pressure, but the okra is still cooking and will be ready in 2 minutes.
- If you don't have amchur, you can use 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- On the Instant Pot DUO-60, you press the manual mode, then pressure to change the pressure setting.
- To make this bhindi masala on stove top in a pan, follow the same steps. In place of pressure cooking, cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes. Then open and cook on medium-low flame for 10 more minutes.
Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 26.5g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7.6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1186mg | Potassium: 945mg | Fiber: 9.5g | Sugar: 7.4g | Vitamin A: 3750IU | Vitamin C: 90.8mg | Calcium: 170mg | Iron: 2.3mg