Instant Pot Egg Curry (Pressure Cooker Anda Curry)
Egg curry made by adding boiled eggs to a curry sauce, along with coconut milk to give a flavorful protein-rich dish. In this Instant Pot Egg Curry, we will make the curry sauce and boil the eggs together, to make this delicious dish even quicker! Pair it with rice, naan or roti to make a complete meal.
Start the Instant Pot in Saute (More) mode (Press Saute, then Adjust). Once the display reads HOT, add oil, whole spices and cumin seeds.
When the cumin seeds change color, add green chili, onions, ginger and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes.
Add tomato and spices. Stir and let it cook for 2 minutes. Stir in 1/3 cup water and scrape off anything stuck to the bottom of the pot.
Place the trivet and a steel bowl with eggs in it. Close lid with vent in sealing position.
Change the instant pot setting to manual or pressure cook mode at high pressure for 8 mins. After the instant pot beeps, quick release the pressure.
Carefully remove the bowl with eggs and the trivet. Place eggs in ice cold water and then peel them. Make holes in the egg surface using a fork.
Add coconut milk and 1/3 cup water. Add back the peeled eggs to the pot. Change instant pot to Saute mode and let the curry simmer for about 3 minutes while stirring frequently. Then turn off instant pot.
Add lemon juice and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy Egg Curry with rice, roti or naan.
- This recipe was created in a 6qt Instant Pot DUO60 Multi-use Pressure Cooker.
- Punjabi Egg Curry Variation: If you like, you can skip coconut milk and add more water. Coconut milk can also be substituted with heavy whipping cream.
- Smooth Sauce: You can skip whole spices or add them to a spice pouch. If you like you can use an immersion blender to get a smooth gravy. Make sure to remove the spice pouch before blending.
- Fried Eggs: If you like, you can lightly fry the eggs in oil in a pan on stovetop before adding to the curry.
- Pairing: Enjoy this Egg Curry with Basmati Rice, Quinoa, Roti or Naan.
- Stovetop Variation:
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pan, and add whole spices along with cumin seeds. Let them sizzle for 10-15 seconds. Add green chili, garlic, ginger, and onions. Saute till the onions turn soft and translucent while stirring occasionally (about 5-7 minutes). Add tomatoes and spices. Continue frying them till they are soft and mushy, and oil begins to leave the sides (about 5-7 minutes). Add coconut milk and water. Mix well and lower the heat to medium-low. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes. Place the eggs in the pan and cover it with the gravy. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes. Take it off heat and serve hot sprinkled with coriander.
Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 264mg | Sodium: 730mg | Potassium: 410mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1005IU | Vitamin C: 17.5mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 3.3mg