A healthy vegetarian lasagna with lots of fresh spinach, artichokes and cheese layered between noodles. Step out of your comfort zone and try this delicious pressure cooked lasagna in the instant pot!
This recipe is sponsored by Reese Specialty Products. The recipe, writeup and opinions are my own.
I am sure you never thought you could make lasagna in the Instant Pot! You will not believe how easy and incredible the lasagna turns out in the instant pot.
Typically making lasagna is too much work. Cook the filling, then layer and then cook again. With this vegetarian lasagna, I used no-boil noodles and the filling of spinach and artichokes that doesn’t need cooking. So we could have a wonderful lasagna with hardly 10 minutes of prep. Now who wouldn’t love that?
This will be your new favorite dish, if you like spinach artichoke dip and lasagna. It is an amazing combination! My husband who is a vegetarian is always disappointed that most restaurants don’t serve vegetarian lasagna, but now he can enjoy this delicious lasagna any day. Although he has not always been a fan of Artichokes, I like to sneak them into our meals. And guess what? He actually loved them in this lasagna! #StepOutOfYourComfortFood
Let’s look at the process to make lasagna in the Instant Pot. Bare with me, I have included step by step images below to make it easy for you to follow along. If you want, you can always jump to the recipe card directly.
Steps to make Spinach Artichoke Lasagna in Instant Pot
Let’s gather all the ingredients and make the spinach, artichoke and cheese filling. I used a store-bought pasta sauce (marinara) and no boil lasagna noodles. To avoid having to cook the filling, I used onion and garlic powder, along with oregano and seasoning. I used freshly chopped spinach and Reese Quartered Marinated Artichoke Hearts. These artichokes are so versatile and easy to use. Do give them a try! Download the Ibotta app to earn rebates on Reese products this summer.
We will first mix all the cheeses – ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan. Then, add in the onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, chopped spinach and mix it well with the cheese. Now cut the artichokes into small pieces and mix them in. I like to add some red chili flakes to the filling, however they are optional. That is all…the filling is ready!
I use the Fat Diddio 6″x3″ baking pan with a removable bottom, so it is easy to remove the lasagna after it is cooked. A springform pan works too. You can also fit a 7″x3″ pan in a 6qt Instant Pot. Grease the pan with cooking spray.
Now start layering the lasagna noodles. Unfortunately all the lasagna noodles you can buy are shaped for rectangle or square pans. However we are using a circular baking pan, so try to fit them as best by breaking on the sides. There is no exact science here, just try to cover the base. Once they cook, they will all stick together.
Now spread some pasta sauce over the noodles. Then layer half of the spinach and artichoke cheese filling over the lasagna noodles.
Then the pasta sauce again and another layer of lasagna noodles.
Now spread the remaining spinach and artichoke cheese filling. Then add another layer of pasta sauce.
Add the final layer of lasagna noodles and spread pasta sauce on them. Then spread grated mozzarella – you can add as much or as little as you like.
Now cover the baking pan with an aluminum foil. This is to avoid any condensation getting into the lasagna.
Add water to the Instant Pot insert, place a trivet with handles and then the covered baking pan. If you don’t have a trivet with handles, then make a sling with aluminum foil (check out Orange Semolina Cake recipe where I make a sling).
Close the Instant Pot and cook for 25 minutes at high pressure, followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release. After that time, carefully take out the trivet with the baking pan (use mitts).
Ta da…delicious Spinach Artichoke Lasagna is ready!
Remove the foil, making sure that liquid does not drip into the lasagna. Lasagna loses some water due to the marinara sauce. Let it sit for a couple of mins in the baking pan, and it will cool down. Then take it out of the baking pan. My preferred way is to keep the pan on top of a can, then slide it out.
At this point, if you like you can broil the lasagna for 5 minutes to brown the top cheesy layer. It is certainly an optional step.
Doesn’t it look gorgeous? It tasted even better. And we devoured it.
We all enjoyed the “healthy” lasagna. Yes, we got some veggies in along with the noodles, so I call it healthy 😉 And the marinated artichokes were perfect for this lasagna. This is the only way my husband would enjoy them, maybe in a Spinach Artichoke dip too. I love artichokes in salads, pasta or taco’s. They are so versatile.
How to make Spinach Artichoke Lasagna in the Oven?
Follow the same steps to assemble the lasagna. You can also use a square pan for the oven, and not have to break and fit in the lasagna noodles.
Preheat oven to 350ºF and bake covered for 40 minutes. Then uncover and bake for 15 minutes. Let it cool down before cutting the lasagna.
I hope you will enjoy this delicious lasagna. We would love to hear from you. Leave a comment or share your creation with hashtags #pipingpotcurry #StepOutOfYourComfortFood on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and others can enjoy it too! Thank you ♥
Have you ever used the ibotta grocery rebate app? It basically gives you cash back for many grocery products you buy at your favorite retailers. Download the app in the App Store, and find rebates for Reese Marinated Artichokes Hearts to save on the ingredients to make this recipe!
Reese is also running a Summer sweepstakes enter for your chance to win a Kitchenaid Mixer and other great prizes!
Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Lasagna
Spinach Artichoke Filling
Prepare the cheese filling
- Mix ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan in a large bowl. Then add in the onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt, chopped spinach and mix it well with the cheese. Now mix in the chopped marinated artichokes hearts.
Layer the Lasagna
- Grease a 6"x3" push pan with oil. Make a layer of the no-boil noodles by breaking them and fitting them to cover the bottom of the pan. (7"x3" baking pan will work too)
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of pasta sauce evenly over the noodles. Then layer the half of the spinach artichoke cheese filling on it. Add another layer of pasta sauce.
- Add another layer of the no-boil noodles, breaking and fitting them around the pan. Add the rest of the spinach artichoke cheese filling on it. Add another layer of pasta sauce.
- Now the final layer of no-boil noodles and pasta sauce over it. Spread the shredded mozzarella for the cheesy top of the lasagna. Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil (try to not touch the shredded cheese on top).
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot insert and place a trivet with handles (or place a long foil sling). Put the covered baking pan on the trivet. Close Instant Pot with vent in sealing position.
- Cook on Manual or Pressure Cook mode at high pressure for 25 mins. When the instant pot beeps, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Then quick release the pressure manually.
- Open the Instant Pot and carefully take out the lasagna pan. Remove the foil, making sure that liquid does not drip into the lasagna. Let it sit for about 5-7 minutes in the baking pan, and it will cool down a bit.
- (optional) Place the baking pan in the oven under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until the cheese on the top has browned.
- Take the lasagna out of the baking pan. Spinach Artichoke Lasagna is ready to be enjoyed.
- To take the lasagna out of the push pan, place the pan on a can of soup (or another food) on a plate. Then carefully push the sides of the pan straight down. Wear mitts as the pan and lasagna will be very hot. Then slide out of the base plate using a spatula and transfer to a serving plate.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.