Panang Curry with Chicken made in Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. Panang Curry is our go to dish we order in a Thai restaurant. I was very excited when I discovered that I could make panang curry at home in less than 30 mins. It is basically a quick one-pot meal. So you can imagine it is perfect to cook in an instant pot.
Last month I shared the Panang Curry with tofu recipe and this time it is Panang Curry with Chicken. You can of course change the recipe to use the meat of your liking. Enjoy this Panang Curry with Jasmine rice or Coconut Rice.
Panang Curry Paste
The main ingredients in the panang curry recipe are - panang curry paste, coconut milk, chicken and mixed vegetables. I used the below paste from the asian market. There are other options available on amazon.
Preparing Panang Curry with Chicken in Instant Pot
When you are ready to take the plunge and cook this simple recipe. The first step is to make a gravy of the panang curry paste with the coconut milk. Then we cook the sliced chicken pieces in the instant pot on manual mode for 4 minutes. When the instant pot beeps, quick release the pressure manually so the chicken does not overcook.
Once the chicken is cooked, change the instant pot setting to sauté mode. Add the vegetables and cook for about five minutes. Add the basil leaves and thai red chilies.
Thai Panang Curry Chicken - Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- Start the instant pot in sauté mode. Heat oil and add panang curry paste.
- Add the coconut milk. Mix the paste with the coconut milk. Cook for 2 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add sliced chicken pieces. Change the instant pot setting to manual mode for 4 mins with vent in sealing position.
- When the instant pot beeps, quick release the pressure manually.
- Change the instant pot setting to sauté mode. Add all veggies - carrots, mushrooms, bell pepper and onions. Add sugar and lemon juice.
- Cook in sauté mode for about 5 mins until the veggies become tender. Add the basil leaves and salt to taste.
- Garnish with thai red chilies. Panang Curry with Chicken is ready to be served with jasmine rice.
- You can add your choice of vegetables. You can also reduce the quantity of vegetables and increase the amount of chicken.
- You might need to cook the chicken longer depending on the size of the pieces.
- To increase the spice of the curry, add 2 tbsp panang curry paste.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
Check out my other Thai Curries