Vegan Thai Pumpkin Red Curry is a delicious dish to satisfy those curry cravings. Super flavorful, Vegan one-pot curry made with red curry paste, coconut milk, pumpkin and other veggies. Easy to make in the Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. Enjoy with jasmine rice or coconut rice for a perfect meal!
I love that this curry is packed with so many veggies - pumpkin, peppers, onions and broccoli. Or change with veggies of your choice. It is so creamy and satisfying with the coconut milk. This is definitely winner dinner! I took this curry to a get together at my friends place and everyone enjoyed it.
Have you tried store brought Thai curry paste? They are really the best way to make these restaurant style Thai curries. Yes, yes, you can make them from scratch, but it is just too many ingredients to gather and I prefer (and respect!) the convenience of these store brought one's. Trust me, you will not compromise on the taste and can have the curry made at home in less than 30 minutes. My favorite is Thai Kitchen brand for a vegan red curry paste.
Here is another delicious recipe that can be made with pumpkin or squash - Vegan Chickpea Squash Fritters.
How to make Thai Pumpkin Curry in Instant Pot?
Start with cutting pumpkin to about 1.5 inch cubes. This is the step that might take the most time (I know peeling a pumpkin is not the favorite activity for many). Slice the onions, bell peppers and cut the broccoli to pieces.
Pumpkin cooks very quickly and we don't want it to be mushy, hence we will cook it for just 2 mins at high pressure and then quick release.
After pressure cooking, stir in the other veggies along with rest of the coconut milk, and cook for 2 minutes. I added cashews to the curry, but they are completely optional if you want to make this curry nut-free.
Garnish with lemon juice (this is a must do). Then sprinkle some cilantro or basil leaves.
Note: I don't recommend pot-in-pot rice with this curry, as we are pressure cooking for very less time and the rice can remain uncooked.
Give it a try, I am sure you will love it -
- Full of veggies
- Easy to make
Here are more easy and healthy pumpkin & squash recipes you can enjoy!
Check out recipes I have posted in the past:
- Posted 3 months ago – Mumbai Vada Pav / Potato Fritter Sliders
- Posted 6 months ago – Minestrone Soup
- Posted one year ago – Kala Chana / Black Chickpeas Curry
Instant Pot Thai Pumpkin Red Curry
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- ¾ cup Onions sliced
- ½ tablespoon Ginger minced
- ½ tablespoon Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon Red Curry Paste I used Thai Kitchen
- 2 cups Pumpkin or Butternut Squash peeled and cubed
- 1 can Coconut milk 14 oz, full-fat, divided
- ½ teaspoon Salt adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- ½ tablespoon Soy sauce use gluten-free if desired
- ½ tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper sliced
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- ¼ cup Cashews optional
- ¼ cup Cilantro or Basil to garnish
- Start the Pressure Cooker in Saute mode and heat oil in it. Add onions, ginger, garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add ¼ can of the coconut milk. Mix in the red curry paste. Add salt, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and stir.
- Add in the pumpkin cubes. Press cancel and close lid with vent in sealing position.
- Start in Manual or Pressure cook mode for 2 mins at high pressure. When the cooking time is done, quick release the pressure manually.
- Open lid and change setting to sauté mode. Add remaining coconut milk, red peppers, broccoli, cashews and lemon juice. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then turn off.
- Garnish with cilantro or basil leaves. Serve with jasmine rice.
- This recipe was created in a 6qt Instant Pot DUO60 Multi-use Programmable Pressure Cooker.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.