Delicious, moist and fluffy Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins are loaded with zucchini and chocolate chips. A great way to make muffins healthy by adding zucchinis. A perfect breakfast or lunch-box treat.
Whenever there is lots of zucchini at home, I end up making these muffins or this Whole Wheat Chocolate Zucchini Bread as they are all finished right away. I think that I want to freeze some for later, but there are none left after a day!
So this time I decided to finally take a break from instant pot recipes and post these muffins on the blog!
The other issue is that muffins or savory pancakes are the only way my daughter would eat zucchini. So why not? Chocolate chips is optional, but kids love to see chocolate chips in any cake or muffin, so I always add some.
How to make Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips?
- Begin by grating the zucchini. I just do it by hand, but you can use a food processor too.
- Next, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
In another bowl, whisk together oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, vanilla and zucchini.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl. Mix till they are just combined. Do not overmix.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips. Save some chocolate chips to top once you fill the muffin liners in the next step.
- Line a 12-count muffin pan with liners. Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, add the batter into the muffin pan.
- Bake for 18-25, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
Tips for the best Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Do not squeeze the moisture out of the zucchini, that is what makes these muffins extra moist. If there is too much liquid, you can slightly blot it with a paper towel to remove the excess.
- If you like, you can replace all the sugar with same amount of maple syrup in this recipe.
- We like to save a few chocolate chips and sprinkle them on top of the muffins before baking.
- I use semisweet chocolate chips for this recipe most but you can also use milk chocolate chips.
- You can also add raisins or nuts to this recipe. You could also use a mix of chocolate chips and nuts.
- We like to warm the muffins slightly just 6-10 seconds in the microwave before eating.
- The muffins can be frozen in an airtight container or ziploc bag for up to 2 months. Thaw for 3–4 hours on the countertop before serving.
These Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins are:
- Moist and fluffy
- perfectly sweetened
- healthy with the hidden zucchini
- perfect for breakfast, snack or dessert!
Give these easy & healthy Zucchini Muffins a try and let me know how they turned out!
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a 12-count muffin pan with liners.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl - All purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whisk together oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, vanilla and zucchini.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl. Mix till they are just combined, do not overmix.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips. You can also save some chocolate chips to top once you fill the muffin liners in the next step.
- Spoon the batter evenly into each liner.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes at 350˚F or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely on a wire rack and enjoy!
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.