A quick and delicious meal, Gnocchi with Pesto Sauce. This can be prepared in less than 20 minutes for a tasty satisfying dinner for those busy weeknights.
Want to have a quick and easy dinner? This Gnocchi with Pesto Sauce falls perfectly in to the category of “quick and easy”. All you need is a pack of Gnocchi and pre-made pesto for this recipe. You can also just make the pesto while the gnocchi is cooking. I used the Homemade Basil Walnut Pesto I shared last week. You can also use a store brought pesto. My favorite is Basil Pesto from Costco.
My husband is a vegetarian and gnocchi is one of this favorite things to order at an Italian restaurant. Well, this was the case until I started making it at home.
If you have never had gnocchi, you are missing out and it must definitely be on your upcoming grocery list. Gnocchi is like soft potato dumplings that are so comforting. And let’s not forget so easy to make (important criteria in my kitchen!).
To make the gnocchi, I used a pack of store brought Potato Gnocchi. The one I used while creating this recipe is the Gnocchi Italiani at Trader Joe’s. This contains mashed potatoes, wheat flour, rice flour and potato starch.
Boil the gnocchi using package directions. Then mix it with pesto and sun-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle some parmesan and garnish with fresh basil leaves. So that is all and gnocchi is ready!
A simple variation – If you like creamy pasta, add 1/4 cup of heavy cream along with the pesto.
If you are looking for a quick and tasty meal, give this Gnocchi in Pesto Sauce a try. I am sure you will love it!
Check out other pasta recipes which you might enjoy –
- Spinach Artichoke Lasagna (our absolute favorite, another one of those that my husband can’t find vegetarian at most restaurants)
- Penne is Tomato Cream Sauce
- Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
Gnocchi in Basil Pesto
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the gnocchi following pack directions. Gnocchi is cooked when it rises to the surface of the water.
- Remove gnocchi with a slotted spoon or by straining it.
- Place in a large bowl and toss with the pesto & sun-dried tomatoes. (You can also lightly stir fry in a pan if you like)
- Serve topped with freshly grated Parmesan.
- If you like creamy pasta, add 1/4 cup of heavy cream along with the pesto.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.