15 minutes to cook perfect Cheese Tortellini in the Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker). This recipe is a healthy version of cheese tortellini, with loads of fresh vegetables.
This is a simple dish that you can cook for a comfort meal, and is also great for entertaining. In this recipe, we will make cheese tortellini in the Instant Pot.
Why make Cheese Tortellini in Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker?
What I like about making this in the instant pot is the flavors of the sauce completely infused in the pasta. We are cooking the pasta along with the sauce and veggies, so the tortellini can completely soak in the sauce. For this recipe, I use the frozen tortellini. With the dry cheese tortellini, the cooking time will vary.
I always keep cheese tortellini in my freezer, so I can make it quickly on busy days. Now with the instant pot it is even quicker making this as a one pot dish. Imagine a great dish in less than 20 minutes...I just love it when I come back home from work and whip this meal up in no time. Just add all the veggies and the sauce to the instant pot. Add in the tortellini and water. Set up the instant pot and wait to hear the beep...isn't that wonderful!
Tips to make Cheese Tortellini in Instant Pot
When preparing Tortellini in Instant Pot or another Pressure Cooker, the main thing to remember is less is more (time). So keep it for just enough time, in this case for frozen tortellini just 2 minutes on manual and quick release the pressure. You don't want mushy pasta. I have heard from many friends who have tried and given up making pasta in the instant pot, as they would always overcook it. But you don't have to do that!
Enjoy this quick Cheese Tortellini. It can be paired with the Roasted Carrot and Bell Pepper Soup.
Instant Pot Cheese Tortellini
- Start the Instant Pot in sauté mode and add olive oil. Then add the bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and sundried tomatoes. Cook for another minute.
- Add the marinara and pesto sauce.
- Add the frozen cheese tortellini. Add water to the level of the tortellini, about 1 cup. You should be able to see some tortellini over the water and mostly under the water level. Mix well.
- Change the setting to manual mode for 2 minute. After the instant pot beeps, quick release the pressure manually.
- Cheese Tortellini is ready to be served warm.
- There is no need to defrost the cheese tortellini for this recipe.
- To get a variation in taste, choose vegetables of your liking. I have tried adding green peas, broccoli and asparagus.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.