A healthy and healing Turmeric Cauliflower Soup made in the Instant Pot. This vegan & gluten-free soup is so easy to make, and the result is creamy, satisfying goodness you will not want to stop eating!
Fall is almost here and I am so looking forward to having more soups. There is so much eating out in the summer, that I want to just cozy up and enjoy healthy creamy soups all through Fall and Winter!
Cauliflower is perfect to make creamy soups, similar to potatoes. I also add cashews to make this soup even creamier. If you want to add more veggies to your diet, this is the perfect soup for you. Enjoy with toasty crusty bread on the side!
This vegetarian soup is so easy and quick to make in the instant pot. Come home after work, just add in the ingredients and let the instant pot make the soup, while you do other chores. This is one of the best Instant Pot Cauliflower recipes. Of course, the other awesome recipe is Indian Aloo Gobi 😉
I made this soup multiple times to shoot before posting, so I had some leftovers the next day. And guess what, I used the leftover soup as Vegan Alfredo Sauce for pasta, and it was so perfect. You have to give it a try!
Here is another vegan soup made in the instant pot that you will enjoy – Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup. Check out this collection of 17 Instant Pot Vegetarian Soup recipes for more delicious soups!
How to make Cauliflower Soup in Instant Pot?
The process to make this Cauliflower soup is very straightforward. Heat the instant pot and sauté onions and garlic in some oil. Garlic adds an awesome flavor to the soup.
Then add the rest of the ingredients – cauliflower, cashews, turmeric, cinnamon, salt, and vegetable broth.
Pressure cook and then puree the soup using an immersion blender or a blender such as Vitamix. I prefer the immersion blender so I don’t have to transfer to another blender. I am also lazy to have to wash more things.
What spices to add to Cauliflower Soup?
You will notice that I don’t add too many spices to this soup. Yes, you don’t need to overwhelm your taste buds. A few basic spices and some lemon juice at the end are enough to make this your favorite healthy soup.
You can add more turmeric if you like, however, less is more in the case of turmeric. I have been making curries for a long time, and even though turmeric is an essential spice, it is added in very small amounts.
Garnish with parsley and red chili flakes. These are optional, but we love the slight spice from the chili flakes. Oh…and don’t forget the lemon juice. It is the most important ingredient to elevate the flavor of this soup!
Check out 10+ Easy Indian Soup Recipes.
Why You’ll Love Instant Pot Turmeric Cauliflower Soup?
√ It is healthy and easy to make.
√ Vegan & Gluten free.
√ Anti-inflammatory healing benefits from turmeric.
√ Packed with flavor…..soooo tasty
√ Get done in one pot – no need to cook or blend separately.
√ Less than 30 minutes to make
√ Perfect for busy weeknights!
Try other soups made in the Instant Pot:
- Vegan Roasted Red Pepper & Carrot Soup
- Vegan Instant Pot Lentil Soup
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Quinoa Chili
Vegan Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Red Chili flakes , (optional)
- Start the instant pot in Saute mode and heat oil in it. Add diced onions and garlic and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, cashews, turmeric, cinnamon, broth and salt. Stir it all up. Press Cancel and close lid with vent in sealing position.
- Change the instant pot setting to manual or pressure cook mode at high pressure for for 3 mins.
- After the instant pot beeps, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes then release the pressure manually.
- Add the lemon juice. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup to a creamy texture. You can also transfer to a blender such as Vitamix to blend the soup. Be careful while blending to avoid hot splatters.
- Top with parsley and some chili flakes (optional). Enjoy with toasted bread!