Easy and delicious one-pot Garlic Noodles in the instant pot. Just sauté the veggies, add sauces, noodles & water. These yummy noodles will definitely satisfy your take-out cravings.
I used to love noodles growing up. Hakka noodles are a popular dish in India, you can get them at the many chinese restaurants and even at the street side vendors. Interestingly, hakka noodles is not really part of chinese cuisine. Indians have given it a personal touch and adapted it to our taste. Here is my adaptation for this favorite made in the Instant Pot.
How to make Garlic Noodles in Instant Pot?
This is the pack of noodles that I get from the Asian store and have enjoyed very much.
Noodles are very easy to make, even easier in an instant pot. Just add the noodles, sauces, water and veggies. Mix them well and cook for 4 minutes. The best part was they were not dry. In the past, my husband would always complain that they are dry and not good to eat just by themselves. But in the instant pot, they were perfect!
I add soy sauce, vinegar and schezwan sauce to this recipe. You can choose to use a chili sauce or a garlic based sauce too. You can add veggies, eggs, chicken or shrimp, whatever you prefer to these noodles. I did not add egg or meat to this recipe, however it can add to the taste if you eat egg.
These noodles are great for family gatherings, kids love them. Enjoy these noodles as a main dish or have them with a gravy such as vegetarian or chicken manchurian, panang curry.
If you like this recipe, you might like these Garlic Chili Potatoes.
Instant Pot Garlic Noodles
- Add oil, noodles, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, schezwan sauce and water.
- Mix well so the noodles are all dipped in water. They will not all be covered under water.
- Add bell peppers. Close lid with vent in sealing position.
- Start the instant pot in manual or pressure cook mode for 4 minutes at high pressure.
- Once the instant pot beeps, quick release the pressure manually. Stir the noodles, and let them rest for 2 minutes.
- If needed, stir in salt to your taste preference. Top with spring onions and sesame seeds.
- If you like your noodles softer, increase water by 1/4 cup.
- Adjust spice to your taste. I love to add extra schezwan sauce on my noodles.
- This recipe was created for thick Canton noodles. Adjust for other types of noodles.
- This recipe was created in a 6qt Instant Pot DUO60 Multi-use Pressure Cooker.
- Note: This recipe was retested and updated based on comments that sometimes noodles were under-cooked.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.