This creamy, delectable avocado banana smoothie is a must-try! Full of healthy fats, and a wonderful creamy, thick texture, this smoothie is great for breakfast or snack.
My husband loves to make smoothies in the morning. So we like to mix it up and prepare smoothies with a variety of fruits and vegetables.
As you can imagine, making a banana smoothie or milkshake is the easiest. Then we heard from a friend that avocado smoothie is delicious.
At first we were not sure. We like to add natural sweetness to our smoothies. So we decided to combine bananas with avocado and make this Avocado Banana Smoothie!
Avocados are so healthy and versatile. You can make a variety or smoothies and shakes with avocados. Add some greens, or nut butters, or dates. Change it up as you like!
You can also call this an avocado banana milkshake. It has the creamiest texture I've ever seen. Bananas bring texture to smoothies, and avocado's smoothness adds richness and creaminess. Not to mention all the wonderful nutrition you get from the avocados.
Added bonus - my picky daughter who otherwise does not touch avocados drinks this smoothie. So if you have picky kids at home, give this a try!
Some of my other favorite morning drinks - Mango Milkshake, and Fig Date Smoothie.
Avocado is packed with healthy fats, potassium, fiber, and vitamins. 77% of the calories in an avocado are from fat. However, the majority of the fat in avocado is good fat, which improves heart health.
Avocado is a great choice for adding creaminess to any dish. Check out my breakfast avocado chutney sandwich and the creamy avocado cilantro sauce.
Bananas not only add a boost of nutrition to any smoothie recipe, but also act as the perfect natural sweetener. We like to make sure they are nice and ripened for maximum sweetness. The more spots, the sweeter the banana!
You can also freeze the banana to get a creamier texture to the smoothie.
You will also love my daughters favorite banana chocolate chip overnight oats recipe.
Why you will love this Avocado Banana Smoothie?
✔ Healthy with all the wonderful ingredients.
✔ It has the best thick creamy texture.
✔ Ready in 5 minutes.
✔ It is delicious and so versatile
Ingredients you'll need
- Avocado: To get a smooth and velvety texture, avocado should be perfectly ripe. It doesn't matter if it's fresh or frozen.
- Banana: Use a ripe banana. It adds sweetness and creaminess to the smoothie. You can use fresh or frozen.
- Milk: When making a smoothie, I prefer to use whole milk. However, you can use your favorite milk, such as 2%, 1%, non-fat, or almond milk.
- Sweetener: I add honey, you can substitute with maple syrup, agave, or dates. If your banana is super ripe, feel free to skip adding a sweetener.
- Garnish: Any nuts or mint leaves can be used as a garnish.
How to make Avocado Banana Smoothie
- In a blender, add banana, avocado, milk, honey, and ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Vegan Avocado Smoothie: To make this smoothie vegan, use almond milk, coconut milk, or oat milk.
- Avocado Fruit Smoothie: Seasonal fruits like mango, blueberries, and strawberries, are great additions along with avocados and bananas to this smoothie.
- Avocado Green Smoothie: To make it healthier, add a handful of fresh spinach or kale.
- Add Nuts and Seeds: You can also add peanut or almond butter to this smoothie, along with chia seeds or hemp seeds.
- Avocado Chocolate Smoothie: My chocolate loving daughter likes to add a tablespoon of cocoa powder this smoothie.
- Avocado Yogurt Smoothie: Add ½ cup greek yogurt and reduce the amount of milk.
Smoothies should be consumed as soon as possible. But you can store it for up to one day.
This smoothie is best enjoyed immediately. However if you need to make in advance, store in the refrigerator up to a day in a mason jar with the lid on. Shake it before enjoying.
More Beverages you will love:
Avocado Banana Smoothie
- 1 Banana ripe, fresh or frozen
- ½ Avocado ripe
- 1 cup Milk or almond milk, cold
- 1 teaspoon Honey or agave syrup, optional
- 2-3 Ice cubes
- To a high-speed blender, add banana, avocado, milk, honey, and ice cubes.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Garnish with any nuts or mint leaves. Serve immediately.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
Very delicious and quick and easy to make!
Meeta Arora says
Hi Jylia - Glad to hear you enjoyed the smoothie!