This easy homemade Mango Milkshake is so creamy and delicious. Made with milk and mangoes blended together, it is a delightful treat you can enjoy all summer long.
What is your favorite fruit? For me, it is hands down MANGO! And this love is not a recent one, I grew up enjoying mangoes all summer, so much so that my mom had to actually stop me from eating fruit. Aren’t fruits healthy I would ask 😉
This sweet, creamy, and super refreshing mango milkshake is just perfect for warm days. Fresh mangoes are in season from May to September, so it is the perfect time to enjoy this easy Mango Smoothie.
I love that this milkshake is perfect for kids. It is the perfect summer treat. My daughter loves it with some ice-cream or whipped cream on top!
What is a Milkshake?
A milkshake is a cold sweet drink made of milk, any choice of your fruit, sweetener, and sometimes ice cream blended together until it becomes frothy.
It can also be made using almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk to make it vegan. Tastes delicious when served cold.
Milkshake is similar to a smoothie. However, smoothies can be made with milk, yogurt, and/or ice cream.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Mango: You can use fresh, frozen, or canned mango pulp in this recipe. If available, Alphonso mangoes are the best and most sweet to make milkshake. However, it is totally fine to use other varieties of mangoes. In the US, I have been using Ataulfo mangoes. Look for very ripe mangoes. If using mango pulp, use 1 cup in place of the mango chunks in this recipe.
- Milk: Adding milk will give the right consistency to this mango milkshake. You can use your favorite whole, low-fat, or 2% milk. Almond milk, oat milk or cashew milk can be used to make this recipe vegan.
- Sweetener: Sugar is used to sweeten the mango milkshake, however, you can use honey or agave too.
- Spices: Optionally add cardamom powder to the milkshake.
- Ice cream: I did not add ice cream, but vanilla ice cream or mango ice cream can be added when making the milkshake. This will result in a thicker and creamier milkshake.
- Toppings: It is not required to add any toppings, but if you like, add slivered pistachios or any other nuts. I love to adorn it with some dried rose petals for that pop of color. You can also top it with some whipped cream.
Now the easiest part is to make the milkshake.
How to make Mango Shake?
- Wash and peel mangoes. Cut them into bite-sized pieces. You can chill mangoes in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before making the shake.
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend to a smooth creamy texture.
- Taste and adjust the sweetener to your taste.
- Pour mango milkshake into serving glasses. Optionally, garnish with silvered pistachio or dried rose petals. Serve immediately.
Benefits of Mango
- It is an excellent source of vitamins C.
- Since it is packed with vitamins, it helps to strengthen immunity.
- Mangoes are known as low-calorie and high-fiber fruit, it is great for digestion.
Tips to make the Best Mango Milkshake
- Mangoes: Use sweet ripe mangoes to make milkshakes. They will give the best-tasting Mango milkshake. If fresh is not available, then only opt for canned mango pulp or frozen mango.
- Refrigerate: If you are planning ahead, put the mango in the refrigerator so they are cold. You can also chop and freeze the mangoes. You can add a few ice cubes to this to cool it down even more.
- Milk: I prefer to use whole milk when making milkshakes. But feel free to substitute with your favorite – 2%, 1%, or non-fat milk. Vegan non-dairy milk such as oat milk or almond milk works great in this milkshake too.
- Blender: Use a blender that can make the milkshake completely smooth. I like to use my Vitamix.
Mango Milkshake with ice cream: This thick milkshake with ice cream also known as mango mastani is made with mangoes, milk, vanilla ice cream, and pistachios for garnish.
Banana Mango Milkshake: It is made by blending fresh mangoes with banana, sugar, and milk.
Mango Smoothie with Yogurt: To make this delicious mango smoothie with yogurt you’ll only need 3 ingredients diced mangoes, yogurt, and milk. This is similar to Mango Lassi.
Mango Milkshake without Sugar: You can skip sugar if the mangoes you are using are sweet. You can use honey, maple, or agave in this recipe for sweetness too.
Add nut butter: A great way to add protein to the milkshake. You can use cashew butter or almond butter.
Using frozen mango: You can use frozen mango slices to make this milkshake too. Just make sure to use a high-power blender.
Yes, use almond milk to make the mango milkshake vegan.
This milkshake is best enjoyed fresh. However, it can be refrigerated for up to a day. Store it in a sealed container or a jar with the lid on. It may separate, so just shake or stir it and enjoy!
This milkshake takes very less time to prepare once you have the ingredients ready. Consider freezing the prepped ingredients, so you can easily blend the milkshake.
The short answer is yes. In some countries, it is considered that consuming mango and milk together can cause digestive and health issues. However, there is no scientific evidence. It is said that ripe mango and milk can go together, and they are both nutritious, so are a healthy addition to your diet.
You can always use dairy-free milk to make mango milkshake too.
Hope you enjoy this delicious Mango Milkshake!
More Delicious Beverages
- Strawberry Lassi
- Shikanji (Indian Lemonade)
- Masala Chai
- Fig Banana Smoothie
- Masala Chaas (Indian Spiced Buttermilk)
Easy Mango Milkshake (5 Minute Recipe)
- Silvered pistachio , optional
- Dried rose petals, optional
- Whipped Cream or Ice cream , optional
- Wash and peel mangoes. Cut them to bite sized pieces.
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend them to a smooth texture.
- Pour mango milkshake in serving glasses. Optionally, garnish with silvered pistachio or dried rose petals. Serve immediately.