This magical Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce is finger licking delicious. It takes just 5 minutes to make in a blender and is perfect on tacos, burgers, salads, or just as a side with chips and vegetables.
This sauce has become my new favorite! Oh so creamy and delicious on anything. You can call this Creamy Avocado Sauce or Guacamole Sauce, or just a magical green sauce you can use on literally anything!
We love that this sauce is also healthy with all the wonderful ingredients – avocados, cilantro, garlic, lime and a little spice from the jalapeños. Add sour cream or greek yogurt to increase the creaminess. Avocados are my absolute favorite. Their creamy texture helps to not need much other creaminess to the dip.
You can serve this as a dip at a party with chips or add to literally anything Mexican. It tastes wonderful.
You can also thin this sauce with a little water and use it as a salad dressing!
Avocado Health Benefits
Avocado is packed with healthy fats, potassium, fiber and vitamins. Numerous studies have shown that eating avocado can improve heart disease risk factors like total, “bad” LDL and “good” HDL cholesterol, as well as blood triglycerides.
77% of the calories in an avocado are from fat. However the majority of the fat in avocado is oleic acid which is a monounsaturated fatty acid this is believed to be responsible for some of its health benefits.
With these health benefits, avocado is a healthy choice to add creaminess to any sauce, dip or dressing.
How to make Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce?
- Gather all the ingredients – avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, lime, olive oil, salt, pepper and sour cream. You can also use greek yogurt in place of sour cream.
- Remove the seeds and membranes of the jalapeño and reserve them in case you want to up the spice later. You can also add thin stems of the cilantro when making this sauce.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender or food processor.
- Blend to make a smooth sauce. You can make it completely smooth or leave it a bit chunky. It is completely your choice. We like to not make it completely smooth.
- That is it! Your creamy avocado sauce is ready to be enjoyed.
- You can also taste and adjust the spiciness by adding more jalapeño seeds. Or use spicier peppers in place of jalapeños to make this a spicy avocado sauce!
You can make this sauce right before serving or a day before. There is a good amount of lime juice which helps to keep it fresh even the next day.
You will definitely love this sauce much more than store-bought dips. It is so fresh and flavorful, Making it at home in just 5 minutes means, you can adjust the ingredients to your taste.
Can I use this Avocado Sauce as a Salad dressing?
Yes, just thin the sauce with a little water while blending to get a bit thinner consistency and it is perfect to use as a salad dressing,
Can I make substitutions in this Avocado Cilantro Sauce?
What I love about making these sauces and dips at home is that I can vary them to my family’s taste.
- Don’t like cilantro? – Substitute cilantro with basil or parsley.
- Want to make it healthier? – Use greek yogurt in place of sour cream.
- Thicken the sauce? Add more avocado or sour cream for a vegetable dip.
How to serve this Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce?
Similar to guacamole, you can serve this sauce with a number of things (read everything!)
Here are some ideas –
- Quesadilla, tacos, burritos, nachos
- Grilled or pan fried fish
- Roast chicken or this Tandoori Chicken
- Roast potatoes or sweet potatoes
- Taco salad dressing
- Spread inside sandwiches, burgers and wraps.
- And definitely as a dip with chips or veggies such as carrots and celery.
Why you will love this Avocado Cilantro Sauce?
√ It is creamy and flavorful
√ Healthy with all the wonderful ingredients
√ Can be served with a variety of dishes
Try this creamy and flavorful Avocado Cilantro Sauce and don’t forget to share what you enjoyed it with!
Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce
- Place all the ingredients In a food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides a few times. You can also keep it a bit chunky based on your preference.
- Keep in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.