A delicious broccoli and bell pepper frittata made in the Air Fryer for a perfect breakfast! This is a versatile recipe, that can be changed to use with a variety of mix-ins. Vegetarian and gluten-free.
I am one if those people who love a good breakfast. If I have a good breakfast, the whole day is great. I miss my breakfast, and my day is a hit or miss...I feel incomplete 🙂
The best breakfast for me is eggs! I love making eggs in different ways each day of the week. Another thing I love is adding veggies to my eggs. Get the protein from eggs, and fiber with other nutrients from the veggies. So here is my favorite, Frittata.
Frittata is basically a crustless quiche. Today was a broccoli and bell pepper kind of day. I love that frittata is a very versatile dish, you can change the mix-ins that go with the egg, and have a different taste each time.
I used to make this the traditional way, but now that I have my Philips air fryer, I have started using it to make Frittata. It is perfect, and I don't need to heat the oven. Air Fryer Frittata is perfect when cooking for 1-2, unless you have a large air fryer.
How to make Frittata in the Air Fryer?
This is a very simple recipe, with just 4 main ingredients! We start with cooking the veggies in the air fryer for about 7 minutes. Then add in the whisked eggs with seasoning, sprinkle cheese of your choice and cook for another 10 minutes. That is all, your delicious frittata is ready.
You will notice that I don't preheat the air fryer, which is why the veggies take 7 minutes initially. If you preheat, then only cook the veggies for 5 minutes.
Add the veggies you like! There are so many options - onions, spinach, kale, spring onions, cauliflower, leeks, zucchini, tomato, asparagus or mushrooms.... Or add meat of your choice. Bake the meat along with the veggies initially, so it is cooked half way and then cooks completely with the eggs. Vary the cheese you use. I used parmesan, but other cheeses go well too!
Here is a link to the baking dish I use. If your air fryer does not come with a baking dish that fits in it, you can easily find one on amazon. Another option is to use ramekins to make eggs, which have also worked perfectly for me.
I use the air fryer to bake the veggies, even if I am making omelette on the stovetop or frittata in the oven. It is just so convenient.
Some things to note to make a great frittata:
- Pre-cook the mix ins. Veggies or meat which releases moisture as cooked, will make the frittata soggy, hence it is better to pre-cook for a few minutes.
- Mix in some cream or milk. This helps get a smooth and creamy texture.
If you like this recipe, check out other air fryer recipes
Frittata - Air Fryer
- Grease the baking dish. Place the broccoli florets and bell peppers in it. Cook at 350°F for 7 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with the cream and seasoning.
- After the veggies are cooked, add the egg mixture to them. Make sure the eggs spread evenly over the veggies.
- Sprinkle the parmesan and cook for another 10 minutes in the air fryer.
- When the air fryer beeps, remove the bake-safe dish carefully. Enjoy the frittata!
- You can use any veggies you like in this recipe. Some options are onions, spinach, spring onions, cauliflower, leeks, zucchini, tomato, asparagus.
- Adding meat: When adding meat to this recipe, place it in the baking dish along with the veggies initially to cook.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.