You will love this healthy twist to the classic egg salad with the addition of avocados. Avocado egg salad sandwich is convenient, fast and easy way to eat a healthy breakfast!
I love to have eggs for breakfast. They are high in protein and so filling. A perfect start to the day!
As someone who loves eggs, I love a good egg salad. Now combine that with avocados, and you get the best combination - avocado egg salad.
If you are an egg lover like me, check out my Indian spiced scrambled eggs, air fryer frittata, and guacamole deviled eggs recipe.
Easy Avocado Egg Salad
This healthy avocado and egg salad breakfast is made with avocado, eggs, onions, greek yogurt, fresh herbs and lemon juice.
Avocado is a true superfood. Healthy avocado egg salad is high in micronutrients, healthy fats, and low in carbs. The egg salad itself is paleo friendly too.
If you like a little spice, you can also add some diced jalapeños, making it a true spicy guacamole egg salad.
This avocado egg salad is great to enjoy on a slice of bread to make avocado egg toast or an egg salad sandwich.
If you want to make it lighter, enjoy it on lettuce leaves to make egg salad lettuce wraps. Perfect for a gluten-free, or paleo diet.
Why you will love this avocado and egg salad
- Quick and Easy to make
- Takes just 5 minutes if you have hard boiled eggs.
- Healthy and low in carbs
- A great filling breakfast or lunch
Eggs: I like to meal prep hard boiled eggs. If you have an instant pot, use it to make the best easy peel hard boiled eggs. Otherwise, you can also boil the eggs on the stovetop.
Avocado: The star ingredient of this recipe. Use a ripe avocado. You an keep it chunky or mash it based on your preference.
Red Onions: I like to add some chopped red onions to this egg salad for some crunch. If you like, you can add some finely chopped celery too.
Greek Yogurt: Add some greek yogurt for extra creaminess. If you prefer, you can substitute with mayonnaise too.
Jalapeno (optional): This is completely optional. Slit the jalapeño to half, remove the seeds and membrane. Then finely dice the jalapeño. Adjust the quantity to taste or skip.
Salt & Pepper: Add to your taste.
Parsley: Some chopped fresh parsley adds wonder aroma and taste to the salad.
Lemon juice: Adds some tanginess and fresh flavors to the egg salad.
How to Make
This is one of the easiest breakfast to make, once you have hard boiled eggs ready to use.
In a large bowl, add avocado and mash with a fork. If you prefer the avocado chunky, then just cut it into pieces.
Then add greek yogurt, red onion, jalapeno (if using), parsley, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Mix all well.
Peel the hard boiled eggs. Then chop them coarsely and add to the bowl, folding them in gently until combined.
Avocado Egg Salad is ready to enjoy!
Serve as is, or spread on a toast or croissant. You can also enjoy topped on lettuce leaves for a lighter and healthier lunch.
I like to add some greens such as arugula or spinach or micro greens on top of the bread, then spread the egg salad.
You can eat it as an open faced sandwich too. Top with some everything bagel seasoning.
Or make a sandwich. This is perfect for an on-the-go lunch.
- Have hard boil eggs ready to go. I love to boil eggs in the instant pot. There is no monitoring and they are so easy to peel.
- Use ripe avocados - leave them chunky or mash them. depending on your liking.
- Use fresh herbs - Fresh makes such a big difference. You can also add chives.
- Use greek yogurt, or use mayo based on your preference.
This avocado egg salad is best made and enjoyed fresh. If there are leftovers, you can store for a day. Cover tightly with a cling warp and refrigerate.
I like to have hard boiled eggs ready over the weekend, so it is easy to make the egg salad any time in less than 10 minutes.
Here are some ideas:
- Enjoy as is on a bed of greens as a keto salad.
- Serve on a toast to make egg salad toast or open faced sandwich.
- Serve in a pita pocket or a tortilla with some greens.
- Serve on lettuce wraps for a healthy, light, low carb lunch.
- Serve on croissants or bagels to make a sandwich.
More Avocado Recipes
- Avocado Chutney Sandwich
- Avocado Banana Smoothie
- Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce
- Easy Sprouted Mung Bean Salad
Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- 3 Hard boiled Eggs peeled and chopped coarsely
- 1 Avocado pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespooon Greek Yogurt or Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Red onion finely diced
- ½ Jalapeño (optional) slit into half, remove seeds and membrane, then finely dice
- 2 tablespoon parsley chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Bread or Croissants or Lettuce leaves for serving
- In a large bowl, add avocado and mash with a fork. Then add greek yogurt, red onion, jalapeno (if using), parsley, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Mix all well.
- Chop the eggs coarsely and add to the bowl, folding them in gently until combined. Avocado Egg Salad is ready.
- Serve as is, or spread on a toast or croissant. You can also enjoy topped on lettuce leaves for a lighter and healthier lunch.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
This looks so tasty! Love avocados, eggs and jalapeños, but not a huge fan of red onion. Could I use just a bit of onion powder instead? I know it won't give it the red onion flavor, but would it need at least some onion or should I just omit? Thank you 🙂
Why are you not a fan of red onions? What did they ever do to you?
Meeta Arora says
Hello - It is totally fine to use onion powder or even skip onions. They add a crunch to the salad but feel free to skip it if you prefer.
Tried today and it was really yummy and my hubby loved it. Thanks for the yummy and nutritious recipe.
Piping Pot Curry says
Hi Madhu - So glad to hear you enjoyed!
Decided to try this for something different and so glad I did. Both hubby and I thought it was delicious. Loved the suggested addition of jalapeno and onion. Yum
Meeta Arora says
Hi Maria - Happy to hear you both enjoyed the egg salad. It has been a quick breakfast for us weekly.
Bela Bagga says
Absolutely delicious! Easy to make and healthy. My family LOVED IT. Thanks Meeta! ❤️
Piping Pot Curry says
Hi - So glad to hear you enjoyed. Thank you for sharing back.