Perfectly seasoned and so delicious, these air fryer roasted carrots are a quick healthy snack or side dish. Make these crispy yet tender roasted carrots in the air fryer or oven.
When it comes to picking an easy side for mealtime, roasting veggies is my favorite choice and air-fryer comes in super handy for roasting. It is so much quicker than the oven and it is absolutely not necessary to go through the ritual of pre-heating.
My daughters loves these air-fryer carrot fries. She is usually very picky when it comes to eating veggies, but carrots are her favorite. She loves to dip them in ranch or harissa yogurt dip.
These carrots are also great for little babies and toddlers. They are tender inside, and a healthy finger food.
How to make?
Making these air fryer carrot sticks is so easy.
- Start with washing the carrots, then peel them.
- Then slice them lengthwise. If your carrots are long , you can cut them by half or quarter length
- Transfer the carrot sticks to a large bowl. Add avocado oil and your preferred seasonings. I have kept it simple and used garlic powder, black pepper and salt.
- Toss well, till all the carrots are well-coated with the seasoning.
- Transfer the carrots to the air-fryer and spread them in a single layer and set the air fryer at 380°F. If you have too many carrots, cook them in batches so that they cook evenly.
- Air-fry the carrots for about 12-15 minutes and shake the basket half way through for an even roast.
- Take the roasted carrot fries out and enjoy with your favorite dip.
Oven Roasted Carrot Fries
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Follow the same steps as above to prep the carrots.
- Transfer the carrots to a large sheet pan. Instead of tossing all the ingredients in a bowl, you can add Olive oil and the seasonings on the sheet pan and spread the carrots.
- Give enough space between the carrots and spread them evenly without any overlapping.
- Cook them for about 20 mins and flip the carrots halfway through for an even roast.
If you love roasting veggies in the air fryer, check out this collection for 25+ Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes.
You can make multiple variations of these roasted carrots like:
- Sweet Roasted Carrot: Make a sweet variation of these healthy air fryer roasted carrots by adding some butter and maple syrup.
- Whole Carrots: You can even air-fry whole carrots as long as they fit in your fryer, but you need to have a longer cooking time to get them roasted just right.
- Baby Carrots: You can also air-fry baby carrots at 380°F for about 15-25 minutes. The time usually depends on the size of baby carrots.
- Do not overcrowd the air-fryer as it hinders even roasting. If you are making a big platter, roast them in batches.
- Serve them immediately to enjoy that crispiness as they will become tender as they cool.
- You can also try a variety of seasonings such as onion, cumin, paprika, or garam masala
- You can also top with Chili Lime Seasoning from Trader Joes.
- Make them sweet by adding some cinnamon and honey or toss in butter and maple syrup.
To reheat any leftovers, air fry the carrots again at 380°F for 3-4 minutes.
Here are other air fryer recipes you might enjoy:
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Zucchini
- Roasted Cauliflower with Cilantro Yogurt Sauce
- Low Carb Air Fryer Turnips
- Easy Air Fryer Frittata
Air Fryer Carrots
- 1 pound Carrots , peeled and cut sticks
- 1 tablespoon Oil, I use avocado or olive oil
- Peel the carrots and then cut into 2 inch pieces. Half or quarter them vertically.
- Transfer them to a bowl. Add the avocado oil and seasonings. Toss them well, so they are all coated with the seasoning.
- Transfer the seasoned carrots to the air fryer basket and spread them in a single layer. Set the air fryer to 380F (cook in batches if needed).
- Air fryer for 12-15 minutes for the perfect texture. Shake the basket half way through.
- Serve and enjoy carrot sticks with a dip or just as is. Sprinkle some chopped or dried parsley or some freshly grated parmesan if you like.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Transfer the carrots to a large sheet pan. You can also add the olive oil and seasonings on the sheet pan.
- Spread evenly so they do not overlap. Cook for about 20 minutes. Flip after about 10 minutes for even cooking.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer. Cook in batches.
- Serve them right away, they soften as they cool.
- onion powder
- cumin powder
- red chili powder or paprika for a spicy version
- taco seasoning
- curry powder for curry roasted carrots. Or add the basics such as turmeric, cumin, and garam masala
- Oh, and add the end you can add the Chili Lime Seasoning from Trader Joes. So good!
- Make them sweet by adding brown sugar, or maple syrup. Add cinnamon and honey for a delicious holiday sweet potato side dish.