This Instant Pot Fettuccini Alfredo is creamy, rich, and so delicious. It is an easy one-pot dinner that the whole family will love!
Let me start with telling you the best part about this recipe - This Instant Pot Alfredo pasta is an easy dump and start dinner.
It is amazingly easy to make - needs just a few ingredients and comes together in less than 30 minutes.
It is a restaurant quality meal you can have any day of the week. My daughters absolutely love this no meat Fettucini Alfredo.
I am sharing the vegetarian version of Alfredo pasta. But it is easy to add chicken or shrimp or broccoli to the recipe. This Alfredo sauce is great with linguine or other pasta too.
How to make Alfredo pasta in the instant pot?
As I mentioned this is an easy dump-and-go recipe.
Add the ingredients to the instant pot
Start by place the fettucini at the bottom of the instant pot. You will most likely have to break the noodles into half. (I know...I am breaking the long pasta rule here, but it is required in this case to fit all the pasta in the pot)
Then top with butter, minced garlic and salt and pepper.Add the broth and make sure the pasta is almost covered in broth. Close the lid
Pressure cook the pasta
The general rule of thumb is to pressure cook pasta for 1 minute less than half the time on the pasta box.
When the instant pot beeps, quick release the pressure manually.
Add the cream, parmesan and stir well until the cheese melts. I always like to use a block of parmesan and grate it. It melts so much better than pre-shredded parmesan.
Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the fettucina Alfredo. Garnish with extra parmesan on top. Enjoy with a crusty bread, and some wine.
If you are serving to kids, and want to make the meal balanced, consider a side of air fried broccoli. My kids love this combination.
Tips for Perfect Instant Pot Alfredo
- Layer the noodles evenly: Break the noodles into half and layer them evenly at the bottom of the instant pot steel insert. This will ensure they all are under liquid and will cook evenly without clumping.
- Cream: I use heavy cream in this recipe to get the perfect creamy Alfredo. As I add the cream at the end, you can substitute the cream with milk or half or half if you like to make this a Skinny Alfredo.
- Use shredded Parmesan: My preference is to bring a block of Parmigiano Reggiano and grate it just before using. It is okay to use pre-shredded parmesan, do stir well so it incorporates easily into the pasta. The fresh parmesan creates a wonderful rich sauce.
- Thicker sauce: If you want a thicker sauce, add couple of cubes of cream cheese along with the cream.
- Thickness: The sauce thickens as it cools. You might think it looks watery initially, however it will all thicken and the sauce soaked up as the pasta cools down.
- Double the recipe: This recipe can be doubled in a 6qt or 8qt instant pot.
- How to store: If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The sauce will dry out after refrigerate, just add a little milk before reheating. I prefer to reheat in the microwave.
My preference is to use a block of Parmigiano Reggiano and grate it just before using. It is okay to use pre-shredded parmesan, do stir well so it incorporates easily into the pasta. The fresh parmesan creates a wonderful rich sauce.
Yes, you can add chicken to this recipe. If using uncooked chicken, dice and sauté for 2-3 minutes in some oil. Then continue with the recipe.
You can also add cooked rotisserie chicken just before serving. Toss it with the cooked pasta to coat with the sauce.
For shrimp, I would add cooked seasoned shrimp to the pasta before serving.
Sure, you can add the jarred sauce on top of the pasta before pressure cooking. Do not mix after adding the sauce. Then after pressure cooking, mix the sauce and the pasta and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this rich and creamy Fettucini Alfredo.
Here are some more delicious Instant Pot Pasta recipes you might enjoy:
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- Instant Pot Asparagus Pasta
- Baked Feta Pasta
- Spinach Artichoke Lasagna
- Penne Alla Vodka
- Lemon Parmesan Orzo
Easy Instant Pot Fettuccini Alfredo
- Parmesan cheese shredded
- Parsley leaves chopped
- Place the fettunicini at the bottom of the instant pot. Break the noodles into half if needed.
- Add butter and minced garlic. Add the broth and make sure the pasta is almost covered in broth. Close lid with vent in sealing position.
- Pressure Cook the pasta noodles on high pressure for 5 minutes. The general rule of thumb is to pressure cook pasta for 1 minute less than half the time on the pasta box.
- When the instant pot beeps, quick release the pressure manually. Stir well.
- Add the cream, parmesan and stir well until the cheese melts. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parmesan and parsley before serving.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.