Aren’t oats one of the best breakfasts to wake up to? I love them for breakfast. They are convenient and nutritious.
I usually don’t like oats, unless they are perfectly cooked. Microwaving oats is definitely not my thing. I used to slow cook oats on the stove top. However now I have discovered the art of pressure cooking oats in the instant pot and will never look back to other techniques.
How to make Steel-cut Oats in Instant Pot?
My usual way is to put them in the instant pot, as soon as I wake up. And by the time I am ready, I come back to perfectly cooked oats. You can even set them in the night with a delay timer and have breakfast ready when you wake up.
The IP recipe book says 3 cups of liquid (2 water + 1 milk). I like to add a total of 4 cups (2 water + 2 milk), and get a more thinner consistency. Just add the milk, oats and honey to the instant pot. Set on manual for 3 minutes and natural pressure release. Voila! Perfect oats are ready. Add fruits and nuts of your choice. I added bananas and walnuts to this one.
Steel-cut oats are not just a quick breakfast, they are also nutritious. They have lots of fiber and have a low glycemic index, so are a much better choice than rolled oats. I found this linked post very helpful to understand the benefits of choosing steel-cut oats.
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
Instant Pot Steel-cut Oats with Banana & Walnuts
- Add the oats, water and milk to the instant pot. Close the lid with vent in sealing position.
- Start instant pot in manual or pressure cook mode for 3 minutes.
- Once the instant pot beeps, let the pressure release naturally.
- Add the honey, banana and walnuts to the cooked oats. Perfectly cooked oats are ready to enjoy.
- Add the fruits and nuts of your choice to the cooked oats.
- You can also add cinnamon if you like when adding the ingredients to the instant pot in step 1.
- Pot-in-pot: If you are making a small quantity, you can do pot-in-pot (PIP). Cook for 5 minutes on manual high pressure, otherwise the recipe remains the same.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I can earn a small commission if you purchase through the link at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!