Chana Dal Pulao / Chickpeas Pilaf made in Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. This is a one-pot vegetarian dish made with split yellow chickpeas, rice along with simple spices and ghee. Enjoy with yogurt or raita.
This is a guest post from Khushboo Agarwal Murarka. This is an attempt to feature delicious home-cooked meals in everyday life.
It is Monday morning, and I am thinking about a lunch that I can pack quickly for my hubby and son. What could be better than a one-pot dish. Quick, simple and of course nutritious. I make this pilaf in my favorite instant pot, set it on the rice mode and off I go to get ready. Come back and chana dal pulao is ready. Oh...I love the perfectly cooked grains of rice. So here is the simple recipe for Chana Dal Pulao. Husband liked it and hope you will too!
Enjoy this easy, healthy and delicious Chickpea Pilaf.
If you are looking for other recipes with Split Chickpeas, check out our delicious Chana Dal recipe.
Chickpeas Pilaf / Chana Dal Pulao - Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- Start the instant pot in SAUTE mode and heat it. Add ghee, curry leaves, mustard seeds, green chili, onion and garlic. Sauté them for 2 minutes until onions become transparent.
- Add bay leaf, black peppercorns, spices and saute for another minute.
- Drain the water from the soaked chana dal. Add it to the pot and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and water. Press Cancel and close the instant pot lid with vent in sealing position.
- Set the instant pot to RICE mode for 12 mins (low pressure).
- When the instant pot beeps, quick release the pressure manually. Fluff the rice.
- Chana Dal Pulao is ready to be served.
- Vegan Variation: Use your favorite plant based oil to make this pulao.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
Check out other Instant Pot Rice recipes you might enjoy:
Hi, I am Khushboo. Working mom of 2 munchkins (3.5 years and .5 years old). I started cooking only after marriage as I landed up in this big country, USA, where we have to be independent for most of the things we do. I thank my husband to get me started on cooking. It’s been close to 8 years now and I simply enjoy cooking something new and different everyday, and above all love to cook in the Instant Pot.