Garlic & Herb Carrots are cooked to perfection in the Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. Sautéed with lots of butter, garlic and herbs, they make a perfect side dish!
These Garlic & Herb Carrots are part of an Instant Pot Holiday Roundup alongside 19 of my friends. Be sure and scroll down to the bottom of the post to see all 20 recipes.
Who doesn’t like some quick and easy side dishes? Extra bonus when they are kid-friendly!
I always pick carrots (or baby carrots) while grocery shopping. They are great to have at hand to make a quick side or even just munch on as a salad or snack. This time, I steamed them in the Instant Pot and made this delish Garlic & Herb Carrots.
If you are looking to just steam carrots in the Instant Pot, then check out the Steamed Carrots recipe.
How to make Garlic & Herb Carrots in the Instant Pot?
We will first steam the carrots in the Instant Pot. You can use a steamer basket to steam the carrots or just steam them in the main instant pot steel insert. It takes just 2 minutes at high pressure to steam the carrots along with some additional time it takes to build the pressure. But they will be steamed in less than 15 minutes to perfection without any active monitoring by you.
(Alert: If you don’t have an instant pot, you should get one ASAP. There is a reason why it is the most popular kitchen gadget).
After steaming the carrots, heat lots of butter in the instant pot. Add minced garlic, and saute it in the butter for 30 seconds. Then add in the steamed carrots. You could also use garlic powder in place of minced garlic.
Add herbs of your choice. I added dried thyme and oregano. Other great options are dried basil and parsley. You can also use finely chopped fresh herbs.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Don’t they look gorgeous. We love the color and they are perfect side for any holiday meal!
Blast from the past:
- Recipe posted 1 year ago: Mango Dal
- Recipe posted 6 months ago: Palak Paneer (Spinach Saag)
- Recipe posted 3 months ago: Perfect Brown Rice with pot-in-pot method
Instant Pot Garlic & Herb Carrots Recipe
- Add water to the instant pot insert. Place the steamer basket in the insert. Spread the carrots on the steamer basket. Close lid with vent in sealing position.
- Start the instant pot and set it on Steam mode for 2 minutes on high pressure.
- When the instant pot beeps, quick release the pressure manually. Remove the steamer basket carefully as it is hot. Discard water in the instant pot steel insert.
Preparing Garlic Herb Carrots
- Place the steel insert back in the pot and heat it on Saute mode.
- Add butter and let it melt. Add garlic and saute for a few seconds.
- Add carrots and mix well with the butter.
- Stir in the herbs. Let the carrots cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring frequently. (I like them slightly browned on the edges, but this is not necessary. Adjust to your preference)
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and Enjoy!
- If you have whole carrots, then you can cut them into 2 inch pieces before using in this recipe.
- You could also use garlic powder in place of minced garlic.
- Add herbs of your choice: I added dried thyme and oregano. Other great options are dried basil and parsley. Finely chopped fresh herbs can be used too.
- Vegan Variation: To make this recipe vegan, use vegan butter or olive oil.
- This recipe was created in a 6qt Instant Pot DUO60 Multi-use Pressure Cooker.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.