Air Fryer Tandoori Gobi or Cauliflower Tikka Bites is a great snack or appetizer. Especially for game day or the upcoming Labor day if you are entertaining guests.
When the meat eaters enjoy Tandoori Chicken, the vegetarians and vegans can enjoy this crispy Tandoori Gobi. It is typically enjoyed with green chutney. Use soy yogurt to make this recipe vegan.
I made this once when some friends had come over and it was a super hit. One of my friend was so excited with the taste and convenience of the air fryer, that he ordered it the very next day.
How to make Tandoori Gobi in the Air Fryer?
- I used gram flour. Also called as chickpea flour or besan. If you don’t have access to it, try with all-purpose flour or rice flour. I tried and they were great and crispier. It is just a tad bit healthier with gram flour.
- If you don’t have all the spices mentioned, vary with the spices you have at hand. Also, adjust spice level to your taste.
- Another great thing about this Tandoori Gobi is that you can prep the marinade with the cauliflower florets and refrigerate the day before. Perfect for entertaining!
The below pictures show how it looked at 10 minutes and at 18 minutes.
If you like this recipe, check out the Taro Fries and Paneer Puff Pastry recipe. Join the Easy Air Fryer Cooking group on Facebook and follow my page PipingPotCurry. I am going to be posting many more air fryer recipes and the group with be a great way to spark discussions about air fryer.
Tandoori Gobi in the air fryer is a great snack or appetizer. A North Indian favorite, nutritious with no oil and easy to prepare.
- 1 head Cauliflower or Gobi
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt or thick yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Gram flour or Besan
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne or Red Chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric or Haldi powder
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1 tablespoon Dry Methi leaves or Kasoori Methi (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Roasted Cumin powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Carom seeds or Ajwain (optional)
- Oil for brushing
Cut cauliflower into equal size florets. Wash under running water and pat dry.
In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except cauliflower to get a smooth paste like consistency.
Add the cauliflower florets and mix well so they get coated with the marinade.
Add the cauliflower florets to the air fryer basket. Brush with oil and bake at 360°F (or 180℃) for 18 mins. Shake in between at 10 minutes. You might have to use a fork.
When done, remove to a serving bowl and sprinkle juice of a lemon.
Tandoori Gobi is ready. Enjoy with chutney.
- This is medium spicy. To reduce the spice level, exclude cayenne and/or reduce quantity of garam masala.
- If you don't have gram flour, you can substitute with all-purpose flour.
- Skip the oil if you want to make this oil free. Tandoori Gobi will still taste great.