Air Fryer Tandoori Gobi or Cauliflower Tikka Bites is a great snack or appetizer. Especially for game day or the upcoming Labor day if you are entertaining guests.
I made this once when some friends had come over and it was a super hit. One of my friend was so excited with the taste and convenience of the air fryer, that he ordered it the very next day.
How to make Tandoori Gobi in the Air Fryer?
- I used gram flour. Also called as chickpea flour or besan. If you don’t have access to it, try with all-purpose flour or rice flour. I tried and they were great and crispier. It is just a tad bit healthier with gram flour.
- If you don’t have all the spices mentioned, vary with the spices you have at hand. Also, adjust spice level to your taste.
- Another great thing about this Tandoori Gobi is that you can prep the marinade with the cauliflower florets and refrigerate the day before. Perfect for entertaining!
The below pictures show how it looked at 10 minutes and at 18 minutes.
If you like this recipe, check out the Tandoori Chicken, Taro Fries and Paneer Puff Pastry recipe. Join the Easy Air Fryer Cooking group on Facebook and follow my page PipingPotCurry. I am going to be posting many more air fryer recipes and the group with be a great way to spark discussions about air fryer.
If you don’t have an air fryer and are considering buying one, check out this useful comparison guide on reviews.com.
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
Air Fryer Tandoori Gobi / Cauliflower Tikka Bites
- 1 head Cauliflower (Gobi)
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt or thick yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Gram flour (Besan)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne or Red Chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Turmeric (Haldi powder)
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1 tablespoon Dried Fenugreek leaves (Kasoori Methi) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin (Jeera powder) (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Carom seeds (Ajwain) (optional)
- Oil for brushing
- Cut cauliflower into equal size florets. Wash under running water and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except cauliflower to get a smooth paste like consistency.
- Add the cauliflower florets and mix well so they get coated with the marinade.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the air fryer basket. Brush with oil and bake at 360°F (or 180℃) for 18 mins. Shake in between at 10 minutes. You might have to use a fork. (Note: Check after 16 minutes and adjust cooking time as needed)
- When done, remove to a serving bowl and sprinkle juice of a lemon.
- Tandoori Gobi is ready. Enjoy with chutney.
- This is medium spicy. To reduce the spice level, exclude cayenne and/or reduce quantity of garam masala.
- If you don't have gram flour, you can substitute with all-purpose flour.
- Skip the oil if you want to make this oil free. Tandoori Gobi will still taste great.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
Pin it for later: